View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-01-2011, 10:13 PM
This thread and others like it has nothing to do with e collar users imo, e collar users generally don't bother with these forums because of the reception they get!

You can practise with the collar turned off!

Adam
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
With regards to the study, where does it say he withdrew from the study? just in case you don’t understand, section 4 is one of the 5 sections of the study design.

Adam
You did Adam , we all saw you, too late to change it now ...

Originally Posted by Adam Palmer

Strange APBC wants to ban collars, strange because in Aug 2009 one of its members, Professor Mills of Lincoln University, was confronted by ECMA and as a result he then had to contact DEFRA and tell them he did not know enough about collars to continue a study contract for DEFRA, so if APBCs’ most eminent member knew nothing about collars I doubt any of them know anything, in which case they can have no opinion on them.

Adam
that's what happens when you rush to post something for someone else without pausing to read it . Another chip off your credibility Adam.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:16 PM
This thread and others like it has nothing to do with e collar users imo, e collar users generally don't bother with these forums because of the reception they get!

Adam
But you are still here. Is your master typing for you now? He does tend to hang around this forum from time to time.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Er..... how would you know you were doing it right if it was turned off?
You might as well have said "Don't use one at all."
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Er..... how would you know you were doing it right if it was turned off?
You might as well have said "Don't use one at all."
Maybe they shout out "electric shock coming" at the right moment ?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I think of course there will be people who will use them wheter they are legal or not
but
reading the listings on ebay
'humane, safe, kind, effective, fast'
and on a couple of them they also boast you can work 2 collars off of the one handset - 'training' 2 dogs at once!!

Yes, I find this very strange because it would be so easy to make a mistake. One of the well known US trainers (who usually denies shock collars hurt, although you can see they do at the levels he uses) was demonstrating his shock collar work, and the dog was not doing anything, but the dog in the crate was howling.

Reason: he was shocking the dog in the crate!

And he didn't even realise it, at first. And then he seemed to find it amusing. He also says that dogs tend to be like babies when they cry and yelp during shock collar training.

This kind of thinking/situation/training alone make me want the damn things banned.

Wys
x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Yes, I find this very strange because it would be so easy to make a mistake. One of the well known US trainers (who usually denies shock collars hurt, although you can see they do at the levels he uses) was demonstrating his shock collar work, and the dog was not doing anything, but the dog in the crate was howling.

Reason: he was shocking the dog in the crate!

And he didn't even realise it, at first. And then he seemed to find it amusing. He also says that dogs tend to be like babies when they cry and yelp during shock collar training.

This kind of thinking/situation/training alone make me want the damn things banned.

Wys
x
Oh God, that is just horrible.

You can see how these proponents of the collars progress. Adam, for instance, seems to have gone from an inexperienced "hope to be a good" dog trainer to someone who dabbled with collars, to someone who allows others to speak for him and is now determined to push the things regardless.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:53 PM
...For example , Robin macfarlenes ...Adam
That name rings a bell, not sure why...

Wys
x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
That name rings a bell, not sure why...

Wys
x
The guy who has just been reported as having numerous sales of a training DVD???
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I can go one better than that. I know of one e-collar user and trainer that was banned from a forum run by another e-collar user and trainer because they disagreed on method of use

Wys
x
Closed Thread
Page 102 of 206 « First < 2 52 92 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 112 152 202 > Last »