Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Peaceful Protest at Harrods, 4th Dec

I am involved in organising a big protest at Harrods on Sat 4th Dec at 12 noon. This is against the sale of puppies. This campaign is supported by anti puppy farming groups and other dog organisations. We are hoping to get a lot of people there and so get media attention and raise awareness about pet shop puppies and puppy farming.

There is an online petition and we are also collecting signatures on paper. If anyone would like the paper version please get in touch and there is a poster for advertising the protest. It appears that I cannot mention a certain networking site but there is an event page there.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...g-puppies.html

I haven't looked through all the threads on here and maybe it has been mentioned already but I am surprised if it is not on here. It has reached Mumsnet and Harrods has even joined to comment on it and try and justify their policy!
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Thank you for posting this, I will pop over to the site and have a look, and give my support!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Have signed already
Maxandskye
New Member!
Female 

23-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I have signed.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 06:18 PM
If I lived closer to London, I would be there in a heartbeat!
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-11-2010, 06:32 PM
As Harrods have been selling fur for years despite numerous campaigns and bad press I very much doubt a petition or protest will stop them selling puppies. Any campaign would be better of aimed at those buying the puppies as without the customers Harrods wouldn't be selling them.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Good luck, it really needs to be stopped. Its a disgusting practice.
I will sign the petition in a second.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
As Harrods have been selling fur for years despite numerous campaigns and bad press I very much doubt a petition or protest will stop them selling puppies. Any campaign would be better of aimed at those buying the puppies as without the customers Harrods wouldn't be selling them.
A good point you raise!

But every little helps, raising awareness is also key. Like people who buy Ugg boots, very few realise these are made in China from animals skinned alive. I can't help but draw a dirty look to anyone wearing those boots (sorry).
Puppy Protest
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
As AnimalFactor has already said we hope to raise awareness and help educate people so that they stop buying puppies from Harrods or any other pet shop.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Puppy Protest View Post
As AnimalFactor has already said we hope to raise awareness and help educate people so that they stop buying puppies from Harrods or any other pet shop.
Couldn't agree more! Some people go about their daily lives without giving it a thought, if this protest makes more people aware, all the better. And HARRODS are evil, in my book!

I wish you well with your protest! x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >