Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 08:01 PM

Strange dog sounds at night....

It's been quite unusual, but in the last few weeks every Tuesday night late at night - I think it's usually around 11.30pm we hear what sounds like to be a large group of dogs yelping, barking etc.... we haven't been able to locate where it's coming from as our town is small, takes 10 mins to walk from one side to the other and sounds echo throughout.

But OH and thought that it possibly could be some kind of dog fighting but aren't sure, there are a few land sites that are being excavated on so it's possible they could be gathering there.

If we had a car we'd go for a quiet drive but don't and walking around town at that time of night isn't advisable.

Just find it very strange
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 08:04 PM
That DOES sound very strange
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Could it be foxes?
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 08:15 PM
sounds very spooky to me , has anybody else mentioed it , also is it worth mentioning it to the police and rspca , just a thought ,dog fighting is such a disgusting "sport" i really hope your wrong , if you do find out id be interested to know , as im sure we all would .
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2006, 08:31 PM
I dont think its dog fighting Ingrid cause when the Police and RSPCA raid these 'events'-they are normally done in warehouses etc away from prying eyes and cuts out noise from what i've seen reported.

Another option though is Badger baiting if the noise is comming from countryside,so perhaps a quick call to your local Police station might not go a miss.

It could be quite innocent though with litterally a group of friends with their dogs out for a night time walk,but best to report it anyway to be safe.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 08:52 PM
I agree with Steve - report it Ingrid - you will worry less if you've done something practical
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Yep, report it and then you'll rest easy!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi Ingrid... I would report it...
I dunno if it's dogfighting though because I think I read somewhere that they actually fight silently? I could be wrong about that though

whatever it is, it still sounds dodgy
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Good call guys, I'll put a call into the local station tomorrow morning and see if anyone else has too.

Thank you
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Just a thought, is there anyone nearby that has huskies? I know this sounds silly but many people with huskies and malamutes etc, train their dogs at night when its cooler and also less other dog traffic, if there are any country trails nearby they may be using them, the dogs get quite noisy when they are setting off. or getting harnessed up

Mo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >