Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 08:11 AM

Guarding

I do believe we caught our first glimpse of wee puppy Fern guarding our house today - he barked when the postman pushed letters through the door

It's a first for him as he tends to not really care if there are people at the door or not so it looks like it's changing.

Awww I do think the little man loves us...or he just got a fright when the postman pushed the letters through, either way I'll take the first option
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2005, 08:12 AM
He is growing up so quick.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Awww...bless his little heart.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Ohhh he's growing up quickly, isn't he?

Do you know, Loki never, ever barks at anyone who knocks at the door. I'm not sure people realise we have a dog
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2005, 02:59 PM
He is growing up so fast I dont think Finn knows how to guard anything yet but Star was quick to start too.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 03:21 PM
the first 6 months they grow very fast i thought they bark at anything strange or different
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Cassie used to bark at everybody that came to our house when she was that age, and my very best friend she wouldn't let in at all! She was fierceome, even though she was only a little ball of fluff at the time! I think dogs are better guarders than bitches Ingrid, so he's learning the ropes. Never had a dog that likes the postman though, ever!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Awww that's cause Finn is a little angel Well he sure looks like one

Originally Posted by Carole
He is growing up so fast I dont think Finn knows how to guard anything yet but Star was quick to start too.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Yup, I'd agree with that, Fern's an absolutely fruitloop with the strangest things

Originally Posted by Fred
the first 6 months they grow very fast i thought they bark at anything strange or different
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 05:22 PM
LOL Helen, I can just imagine Cassie guarding your house as a little ball of fluff

Over the last few days we've seen the penny drop in old Fern - he's learnt to cut corners i.e. if he wants a toy which sits on his crate, he pulls the cover through the top bars, and manages to catch hold of the toy and squeeze it through

Wee rascal!

He has now learn to look through the staircase rungs to stair at OH upstairs - he follows him backwards and forward, OH upstairs and Fern downstairs - he mirrors his movements

Originally Posted by Helena54
Cassie used to bark at everybody that came to our house when she was that age, and my very best friend she wouldn't let in at all! She was fierceome, even though she was only a little ball of fluff at the time! I think dogs are better guarders than bitches Ingrid, so he's learning the ropes. Never had a dog that likes the postman though, ever!