Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Here you go

Archie as a tiny pup:

Archie as a less tiny pup :

Temperament is great, they are funny and sweet, obviously this depends a lot on the pup's parents though Never forget they are terriers

Be aware that this breed requires LOADS of grooming, handstripping is very hard work to do yourself and very expensive, most groomers won't handstrip because of the time and effort involved.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok now that we have more time I will post a few pics and give a bit of a description!...

Northern Inuit Dog

Sample 1...lol (Keena)

10 weeks old

15 weeks old

5 months old

10 months old

13 months

Northern Inuit Dog...Sample 2! (Takoda)

6 weeks

7 weeks

9 weeks

10 weeks

14 weeks

4 months

4 1/2 months

5 months, 1 week

6 months

6 1/2 months

7 months

8 months

Keena is short coated and Takoda is long coated.

In short, they are hard work...lol

They arn't a dog that does well left home alone for more than a few hours max.

They are harder to train than alot of breeds, although they are very quick to learn...work that out for yourself! (they are intelligent but if they don't see the point it is hard to get them to do somethings at times...lol)

They can be let off lead once they have learned their recall but recall is harder to teach than with some breeds because they have quite a high prey instinct and with mine although they arn't really hunting they just like to chase.

They are mischievous and have a huge sense of humour they are fun to be around...

...very loyal...

...they don't bark much...Mine have never barked in response to another dog barking, but they do bark sometimes if they can see the dog next door through the fence or the cat. They howl, roar, and make lots of other funny vocal noises!

They do not make particulary good gaurds because they are way too friendly, they never bark at people coming to the door etc.

They are quite large about the same size range of GSD'S.

They are good dogs so long as they get the excersise they need.

They love attention and do alot better if you have alot of time to give.

There is lots more but that is just a taster!

Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 09:35 PM
hmm, ok

Phoenix - Rottweiler.
Only had her 2 months and shes 7 months old.
Very laid back, easy to train, protective, good with other dogs and loves children

Indie - 14 month old staffordshire bull terrier
Lively, friendly, very much a cuddly dog loves children and people, protective, easy to train. Can be stubborn and sometimes dog aggressive tho.
Wouldnt swap her for the world

Scruffy, bichon frise.
very friendly towards everyone and everything. Very lively as a pup, but calms down later in life and wants cuddles all day
an escape artist and a barker!

Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Some more about the BC:

They are regarded as relatively quiet dogs (mine must be exceptions!), but they are very loyal, protective and alert. From Snorri Mansions, we have a clear view of almost 400 yards of the road. The Border Boys make full use of that, so that it's more or less impossible to reach here without being noticed by one or the other. Kali barks at approaching people, as soon as he does, Snorri is out like a shot and joining in to make up a "Collie chorus" - we refer to it as "I spy strangers", but it's probably more like "Oi, what are YOU doing on MY road? I didn't give you permission to be there!" Come to think of it, they seem to take that attitude about the whole island, or wherever else they might happen to be! And, of course, nobody ever comes to see myself or Mrs S - they've come to see the dogs (naturally!). Sneak in? Not a chance!

Snorri
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2005, 10:47 PM
This is Saffy

She is an 18 month old, Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Saffy is a daddy's girl, quite quite mad, is friendly to both people and dogs, and loves a run about in the park with her ball

Aileen x
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi guys, thanks again to those of you who posted overnight, great pictures and descriptions!

I have given out too many rep points LOL and have to wait 24 hours so I will be sending those rep points to you tomorrow for those of you I have missed out given them to
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Mischievous - really impressed with your post - wow, amazing historical journey through photos!! Totally love Keena and Takoda.

Thankyou - rep point coming out to you tomorrow when I'm allowed to give it

Originally Posted by myschievous
Ok now that we have more time I will post a few pics and give a bit of a description!...

Northern Inuit Dog

Sample 1...lol (Keena)

10 weeks old

15 weeks old

5 months old

10 months old

13 months

Northern Inuit Dog...Sample 2! (Takoda)

6 weeks

7 weeks

9 weeks

10 weeks

14 weeks

4 months

4 1/2 months

5 months, 1 week

6 months

6 1/2 months

7 months

8 months

Keena is short coated and Takoda is long coated.

In short, they are hard work...lol

They arn't a dog that does well left home alone for more than a few hours max.

They are harder to train than alot of breeds, although they are very quick to learn...work that out for yourself! (they are intelligent but if they don't see the point it is hard to get them to do somethings at times...lol)

They can be let off lead once they have learned their recall but recall is harder to teach than with some breeds because they have quite a high prey instinct and with mine although they arn't really hunting they just like to chase.

They are mischievous and have a huge sense of humour they are fun to be around...

...very loyal...

...they don't bark much...Mine have never barked in response to another dog barking, but they do bark sometimes if they can see the dog next door through the fence or the cat. They howl, roar, and make lots of other funny vocal noises!

They do not make particulary good gaurds because they are way too friendly, they never bark at people coming to the door etc.

They are quite large about the same size range of GSD'S.

They are good dogs so long as they get the excersise they need.

They love attention and do alot better if you have alot of time to give.

There is lots more but that is just a taster!

amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Is it too late to post pics for you to show?

I have these if they´re any help

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 09:28 AM
No you're not too late

Great photos AM

AM, which breed is the one at the bottom - it looks like a gundog but don't know exactly which it is.

Thanks
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 10:01 AM
rottie

big friendly dog,good natured,good guard dog

border collies

very clever dogs,good natured,friendly

patterdale terrier

really good natured dog,very very friendly,brill all round dog
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >