Our sister sites
Our sister sites
annspot80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:38 AM

Pero?

Hi all.
Has anyone experianced the pero brand of food. It seems to be cheap for a big bag, but i know of a guy who feeds his show dogs on it, and they look really well. Do any of you feel that the cheaper the food the better. My pup is back on beta again, but his breath has started to smell, and the wind he get's is just terrible so im thinking of changing him in a week or so.
He has tried other food, but he did not like it.
Let me know what you think of thiis feed.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I've used Pero before and the boys did quite well on it, but I had an issue with being able to get hold of it

Have you tried CSJ or one of the Gilbertson and Page brand?

They are both decent foods and fairly reasonably priced as well.

My boys are currently on one of the G&P foods - Dr John's Silver Medal and are doing very well on it
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I've used the organic Pero that comes in a green bag. This was very good for my dogs AND they enjoyed it.

You can get it in the pet shops that used to be called Wilsons. Not sure of the quality of the others in the range as I was told the organic was the best, it had over 20% chicken I believe.
annspot80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks both for your replies, and i think i will look further into it.
By the way, do you think it is ok for a puppy to go into adult feed as a straight switch over - by this i mean beta do a junior bag for 6-12 months then onto adult. Most feeds i have seen don't do junior, and so i would probably have to keep him on puppy till 1 year old.
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I would say that is a gimick used by Beta. We switched straight from a puppy feed to adult feed with all our dogs. I don't know if it matters with very giant breeds but I've not heard of a feed between pup and adult before.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I have fed both my Kerries on Pero organic chicken and rice until recently and it is very good quality as it contains "proper" meat and brown rice. A lot of so-called quality dog foods only contain meat meal. I used to buy it online at about £35 for 12 kilos. It smells nice too as it smells of herbs.

We only changed as Cherry at 9 years old developed an allergy and the vet wasn't sure what it was so we changed her to "Barking heads" salmon and potato in case it was a food allergy otherwise I would still be feeding them Pero organic. You can buy small bags in Waitrose @ £7.99 for 2kg if you just want to see if your dogs like it.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2010, 08:24 AM
I have used Pero when trying to put weight on my English Setters - they seem to to well on it and we ring the changes by buying different varieties. I buy it on line so there is no problem looking for suppliers.

I also use SCJ as a maintenance diet - you can also get that on line but the delivery charge is quite high. Fortunately I have a local supplier.

Thalice's Mum
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I buy the little bone shaped treat biscuits by Pero (from Waitrose in a brown box ) made of organic chicken and rice and no unnecessary additives . Chloe loves them
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I buy the little bone shaped treat biscuits by Pero (from Waitrose in a brown box ) made of organic chicken and rice and no unnecessary additives . Chloe loves them
I picked up some of these from Crufts =] have yet to open them yet though. That was the first time I've ever seen Pero around.
Jet will love them anyway, he loves all food xD
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Don't know if you know but there is an excellent offer on Pero for those treats. You can buy the organic dry food (2.5kg ?) and two boxes of those treats for £6.99 on their website. http://www.pero-petfood.co.uk/compon...d,3/Itemid,32/

I've shopped with them before and its a quick delivery.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >