Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 07:12 PM

GSD breeders

In the worst possible scenario that things go wrong with the GSD Dam who has been mated...particularly with pyo, is there anyone on this forum who could recommend a GSD breeder (apart from Amts, got your recommendation, fabulous link too, just a little too far away for us though).

Really appreciate your help, pls feel free to PM me if you know of anyone. No hurry, we're still waiting on the current situation but you never know what could happen

Thanks once again for your help.

xi
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I take the overwhelming silence as a no then LOL

Oh well

xi
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Hope you find the info you need soon
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks Saz..

Night all, till we speak tomorrow.

xi
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Maplecottage is there a breed club for GSD that you can contact that will give you a list of breeders?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

31-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
I take the overwhelming silence as a no then LOL

Oh well

xi
I know a couple of very good breeders in Australia - but I guess that is not much help

If things don't work out with this bitch why not go to a few GSD shows. Find out the dogs that you like the look of and get chatting to breeders. Most will be happy to talk about their breed all day and you will get known as a serious potential owner for any pet puppies they need to place. (Just don't approach them as they are going into, or coming out of, the ring!!!)
Meg
Supervisor

31-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi Maplecottage sorry I do not know any GSD breeders to recommend and I am unsure where you have looked already.
Have you looked at ..

also the Kennel club approved lists..

Also as SB says go to some shows and walk the benches looking at dogs and talking to breeders.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 06:47 AM
Well it would give me a good excuse to go home for a bit and stop off in Aus on the way

Would love to go to some shows but have struggled to find information on them even looking on CD hasn't helped or Kennel Club but could always put a call into Sheila Rankin.

SB I so wish that the current breeder does come through okay, we absolutely fell in love with her dogs - you know when it just feels right - well it was one of those feelings, will just have to wait and see on this. It'll be gut wrenching I'm sure if it falls through.

The wait continues as does the search for back up options

Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
I know a couple of very good breeders in Australia - but I guess that is not much help

If things don't work out with this bitch why not go to a few GSD shows. Find out the dogs that you like the look of and get chatting to breeders. Most will be happy to talk about their breed all day and you will get known as a serious potential owner for any pet puppies they need to place. (Just don't approach them as they are going into, or coming out of, the ring!!!)
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
...apart from Amts, got your recommendation, fabulous link too, just a little too far away for us though
I thought you sometimes went to DK to visit your oh´s family

Cant help you with breeders in the UK but suggest you contact GSD clubs (training areas), shows etc and talk to ppl there. They may be able to help you out with breeders or someone who knows more.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Yes we do go to DK to visit, but I have a home too

We wouldn't ever consider shipping a puppy overseas just our personal preference really, so we really need to find a pup here in the UK.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Originally Posted by amts
I thought you sometimes went to DK to visit your oh´s family

Cant help you with breeders in the UK but suggest you contact GSD clubs (training areas), shows etc and talk to ppl there. They may be able to help you out with breeders or someone who knows more.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >