Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2023, 07:57 AM

Manatee Monday 4th December 2023

Morning all. It is raining again. Huh no change there then. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. So, on the 4th day of Christmas I had a manatee sent to me plus numerous other creatures. Where I will keep a manatee I have no idea. Probably washed up the road with all this rain. Answers on a postcard please where to keep it? Have a good day folks. My day is exciting yet again as Tesco is coming. Yeah.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2023, 09:03 AM
Tesco run done this morning they don't have any large turkeys in the store when we went. Sue going to go again later on when deliveries arrive this evening
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2023, 09:37 AM
Good morning both.

Brenda that is super spooky I though Manatee for today if I started the thread but went to work instead cold and wet and dreary here at 4am this morning but suspect it was everywhere. Anyhow thats me done for the day
now so hey ho. May have a sleep later or even just go to bed early doors as was awake at 2.45am Brrrrrr..

TW Turkey's making deliveres most apt. Hope Sue manages to capture one.

Sue Good luck on the turkeyt hunt. Hope your lad manages to secure a car soon.

Lynn Has the harness arrived I think it will make an impact it does seem like he has lost muscles build up and needs to rebuild. But i feel I must say this overall my heart goes out to you both, such high hopes for a lovely retirement spent walking and caravaning with your long awaited pup which is now all on hold, through no fault it seems of anyones bar mother nature. There will be good days ahead.

Chris Has Ted taken to the new furniture arrangement and Christmas tree? and is your sofa more comfortable? Enjoy your breakfast.

Griff SOunds like a stress free as much as possible in the circumstances Christmas. Not least as you will not have to try to contain the dogs and can live like a normal day will Steve come to you or you to him?

Right coffee changedand off to doa shop catch you all later
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Have a good day Brenda no doubt reading and finding south g to watch on tv

Now work s over for the day Kaz put your feet up and enjoy yourself

Wet here too just for a change. Yes Tesco rn done and all stowed. Then nipped to the chemist for prescriptions that weren't ready last week. Planning on a restful afternoon as not on duty until tomorrow morning as usual.

Take car everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2023, 01:08 PM
Good afternoon all

Lousy day yesterday. Dave very ill yet again to the point he fell over last night and couldn't get up. It took an herculean effort to get him off the floor. I wanted to call for an ambulance and silly sod wouldn't let me. Thankfully, he's coming round again today but one more episode and it's definitely doctors or hospital no matter what he says.

Ted has settled with the decorations now although he still can't understand them. Since we got him, I've bought things I think he will like for Christmas. I got them all out yesterday to put together in a fancy Christmas carrier and, oooops, they filled it. Oh well, it should hopefully keep him quiet while Gary is here on the day.

I've kept looking in Tesco for the large turkeys and haven't been able to find them. Hopefully, they'll have them in when we go to town (if Dave is fit enough) on Thursday or it's chicken for Christmas dinner.

It's been raining again all day here same as yesterday so it doesn't look like I'll be able to get Ted out.

He is loving 'his' new sofa, Kazz as am I. The two seater was more like a big armchair which was no good for me. The extra room this one gives me means I can raise my leg when I need to. Since I broke my ankle a few years ago, it aches like mad if I have my foot on the floor for too long so I have to raise it
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2023, 01:53 PM
We just went into Eastbourne and to Sainsbury who had a few large turkeys ,so bought an extra large as we will have a full house on the big day
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2023, 01:59 PM
Well Tesco came and all was lovely. My neighbour downstairs in flat 1 asked me if I had any panadol and nope I don't use them. She emailed me so I didn't have to see her. She says she has the flu. Hm not sure as I know she had that a few months ago but again hm was it flu or covid? She doesn't believe in any vaccinations for her or anyone else. Apparently years ago she said she was a nurse but I find this strange as she doesn't believe in any vacs even childrens ones. Anyway I went out into the drizzle and got her some from the chemist. I left them at her door. I really don't need her germs. Chris I do hope Dave will be ok. He sounds like my ex hubby. Does he have a UTI? Anyway it is still raining but with going to the chemist I have done two walks today already. Me thinks I will now stay in and read my book which is called The Summer before the war. Very good. Do you have a large enough oven then Barry or will you get the barbie out? Bye have a good afternoon everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2023, 02:48 PM
I usually buy an extra large turkey too, but the price this year is ridiculous.

The excess turkey breast I freeze. I simmer the leg meat in red wine cook in sauce and freeze the excess of that too. My youngest lad prefers the cook in sauce version to breast meat.