View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Its all to do with fun activities really, i enjoy teaching them new things especially kiera because if she is occupied then she stays out of mischeif and to build up a fun relationship with them both, i know it sounds sad and pathetic but i always like to make any training fun, Imo dogs should do anything you ask of them becaus they want to do it not because you are making them do it!.... with kiera training will always be ongoing but she gets bored easily so in the middle of obedience training, i throw in something like what i call 'sit-up' or 'stand-up' where the dog is sat like we would sit or stand perfectly still on their hind legs (obviously i dont do stand-up with kiera because she's too heavy) and they get a special treat usualy cheese ... pepper loves it, she's up in the sit-up position before the cheese is even out of my pocket! It breaks up their routine and therefore they dont get bored with training !
Its just my way of training my girls and to their credit they love it and enjoy it, at the minute im working on them both doing it at the same time. It keeps it varied and it kepps them focused because they never know whats coming next!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2004, 05:46 PM
That's not sad or pathetic. It sounds like a lot of fun.....

Sorry I cant help
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2