View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
8 weeks is an appropriate age for most pups
I would not buy a pup that had already been vaccinated so that is fine for me .... but not seeing the breeder???????????
Off subject a little, why wouldn't you buy a puppy that was already vaccinated?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds like she Obviously is not a caring breeder only in it for the money probably and under the cirumstances you describe had I been the buyer I would have walked away.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
What makes a good breeder to me is, they value their pups so much, that they choose YOU not the other way around! They should also have the mother and/or father there, plus maybe granny, and dogs from previous litters.

I came across "breeders" like this, but I steered well clear, I sussed them out when I saw shavings on the puppy's heads and breeze block buildings behind them!

I spoke to one breeder who had already sold a puppy to a couple hundreds of miles away, but because they turned up at 4.00pm that night to collect her, she wouldn't let them have it, she told them to go home and come back in the morning so the puppy wouldn't be travelling and arriving home in the dark! Now that's what I call a "good" breeder!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
The buyers not meeting the breeder would make me think the puppy came from a puppy farm
Or just byb advertising on the web.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Off subject a little, why wouldn't you buy a puppy that was already vaccinated?
Some people choose not to vaccinate that early, or even not at all. I would prefer to wait next time, as Rio was very poorly after her first one (which she had with me, not her breeder).
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
My family and I got a right grilling in order to buy Rio. The breeders wanted us to visit their kennels, meet the dogs (no pups at that stage) and they wanted to meet our kids too. I bought Loki from a commercial kennels (i know - stupid and paying for it now ) and all they wanted to know was 'cash or cheque, and by the way they shed hair.'

That's the difference.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2