Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2005, 08:25 AM

Leg cocking problem

Harvey has always been a good boy in the leg cocking depatrment. I've never know him to do it in the house but his latest stunts is driving me crazy.

Every morning all the patio furniture gets moved outside and whats the first thing Harvey does, goes and cocks his leg all over the sun loungers How can I prevent him from doing this apart from follow him around all day to make sure he doesn't do it. By the end of the summer everythings going to have to be binned its so annoying
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
sorry Anne i dont have any idea how to help but i hope you get it sorted soon

could you try to watch him for his first pee and get him with a water gun or somthing
Annestaff
Supervisor

01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
He loves the water gun
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
There is a wonderful spray you can get called "get off". You can buy it in petshops and it really works. It is safe to use and it deters cats and dogs from going where you don't want them too. It's priced around £2.99 - £3.99.
Annestaff
Supervisor

01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks Dibley I'll give it a try
Meg
Supervisor

01-07-2005, 02:05 PM
What is the furniture made of Annestaff Buy some ammonia from the hardwear shop and dilute it 1 part ammonia to 2 of water (it's a cleaning agent so should be ok on most things but I would test an area first.) ring a cloth out and wipe the parts Harvey P's on
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by annestaff
He loves the water gun
well i tried
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Mini I always thought cleaners containing ammonia were Poisonous to dogs am I wrong?
Meg
Supervisor

01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
Mini I always thought cleaners containing ammonia were Poisonous to dogs am I wrong?
Hi Dibley Most cleaners are poisionious to dogs as is bleach and disinfectants and floor cleaners. Many proprietory cleaners contain ammonia as does dogs P' One school of thought says you should not use ammonia based cleaners to clear up a mess on the floor because they attract dogs to soil in that area because the smell resembles p, I think it is fine diluted and put on a cloth and used as above, the dog is not licking the furniture just the reverse It is also recommended in books as a deterent to put around the perimiter of a lawn to keep dogs/animals off , but I would not do that because it might get on the paws .. I have read it works as a deterant to scent marking because the dog thinks that place is marked already .
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks for that mini. You learn somethng new every day!