Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 04:01 PM

OK!!!!!! Join your BREED GROUP CLUBS!

Further to the idea we discussed here: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/tri...ons_21230.html

I have set-up clubs for 'Breed Groups' so if your breed belongs to any of the breed groups you can join it!

If you have more than one dog, you can join all the associated clubs for your breed.

These are completely informal clubs and are meant to be a bit of fun along with you being able to use them for breed/group specific issues that are relevant only to your particular group. They are voluntary - you don't have to join if you dont want to

Nothing has been finalised yet and they are not definate it's just a trial to see how it goes

At the moment we have mostly Breed GROUP clubs but if you get together with at least 10 members of a specific breed, I will create a section for your breed, then only other people in your particular breeds club will be able to take part in it. For example we have a Terrier Breed GROUP club that also has a Staffordshire bull terrier club.

However I may at some point completely drop the specific breed clubs and leave it as Breed GROUP clubs as it will be easier to manage etc

If you have any questions please use THIS thread as I may not see the other threads. Also Keep an eye on this thread for updates as I will post updates here.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 04:01 PM
WHAT NEXT?

First off find out what Group your breed belongs to, you can see by going to the KC website here: http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/di...roupIndex.html (If you have a known cross of a particular breed or it's not a KC breed but still of that group you can still join that group )

Then go to your USER CP > Group Memberships > and join the app group.

When I get five minutes I will approve your request

Then you can go back to your User CP and IDENTIFY yourself as a member of that group.... that will then change the colour of your username for that group and let you post in your club section
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Please don't forget this isn't a thread to debate this idea (we've already had that) or to say you don't like the idea - it's for those that do and want to be part of it
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

22-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Don't forget... You need to choose the 'IDENTIFY me as a member of this group' in your User CP > Group memberships, in order for your name to be shown in your clubs colours...
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 07:09 PM
i was thinking

theres loads of bull breeds and mastiff owners on dw and be really great if we could have a Bull and Mastiff Group! I think this would be better to add than just using the kennel club groups! Also what about a spitz group?

I just think be great! i love learning about mastiffs and bull breeds, as much as staffies are my first love!

people with bandogges could join! and american bulldog people and people with dorests and olde tymes! just a thought cus really then everyone could be included!

Macklebacks posted (hope u dont mind hun that i quoted you)

Great idea!! There aren't enough English Mastiff owners on here for us to have our own group. You can count me in!!
mackleback
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Dont mind at all.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I have had a look, and there aren't that many Bullmastiff owners.
There is only me and Steve who posts regularly.

I also don't think there are many English Mastiff, Neo Mastiff owners either.

But the thing is, these breeds aren't all that similar, they have different temprements etc, so is there any point putting them together?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I also don't think there are many English Mastiff, Neo Mastiff owners either.
Makes more sense to keep them in the working group which will be quite busy
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 07:17 PM
i really think there is a point! but look at the terrier group are they all simular?

so thats my point heather! if u had a bull and mastiff group then there is some for you to go and other people! theres a few neo owners, and bull mastiffs owners and mabe if u we do pms they may come and post!

also bandogges, which i have a load of respect for, are bull breeds x mastiff right?

so there we go bull and mastiff group, everyone can fit in somewhere!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I think we should just stick to breed groups for now - like I said, there aren't that many of each owners, and the breeds are so different from each other.

Mastiff and Neo are both in the Working group anyway, so people can just start a thread about their breed
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »