View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ravenwood
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:54 PM
My sympathies, I can imagine that a constantly barking dog would drive anyone mad!

A couple of things struck me from your post - one already covered in replies above - but you may have hit the nail on the head when you said your own nervousness was effecting her. I think shutting her in the kitchen was a good idea. Is she crate trained? Does she have a safe place to call her own?

Becareful if you are going to try and teach quiet and use treats. She is probably clever enough to realise that if she barks, she will be asked to be quiet and get a treat - they're very canny these little dogs!

And lastly, what do you feed her? Is she getting too much protein in her diet? And are you sure she is getting enough exercise?

I am sorry to hear you have other problems going on and I really hope it settles down soon - at least the wind has dropped tonight - well, it has here anyway xx
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
On another thread Brierley said it was easy to stop nuisance barking hopefully she will write the method for you and that will stop

Adam
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
My sympathies, I can imagine that a constantly barking dog would drive anyone mad!

A couple of things struck me from your post - one already covered in replies above - but you may have hit the nail on the head when you said your own nervousness was effecting her. I think shutting her in the kitchen was a good idea. Is she crate trained? Does she have a safe place to call her own?

Becareful if you are going to try and teach quiet and use treats. She is probably clever enough to realise that if she barks, she will be asked to be quiet and get a treat - they're very canny these little dogs!

And lastly, what do you feed her? Is she getting too much protein in her diet? And are you sure she is getting enough exercise?

I am sorry to hear you have other problems going on and I really hope it settles down soon - at least the wind has dropped tonight - well, it has here anyway xx
nothing wrong with 'good quality protein' ..... you would think all raw feeders would have hyper strung out dogs
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Glad all is better now If it happens again the only there thing u can think of is keep up with tv or radio to mask the noise. Also maybe try to create a nice comfy dark den somewhere? Drap thick blankets over the top of a table or something and piles soft cushions inside, it might help muffle the noise? And feed her her daily meal in lots of small phases through the day packed inside Kongs with something sticky and yummy like peanut butter? That might be enough to help her relax.

She sounds generally a bit high strung - she doesn't like being left either does she? It might be worth trying DAP. Or TTouch and a body wrap? Good luck
Thankyou, i think might look for one of the dog igloo beds for her. She is on vet diet n it is put in kongs n treat balls. She is used to being left and generally not bad but sometimes I have wondered if she gets tired from listening for me to come home(have been at home lot more this past nine months). Think might try DAP etc. if happens again.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Have posted it under 'General Dog Chat'

You are never abrupt H in fact you are probably one of the most polite persons on Dogsey.

ETA:-
Just wanted to add that Baruska doesn't like it when it's windy, normally she likes to be outside, but when the wind starts blowing she's in quicker than than a bullet out of a gun!!!
Thankyou so much x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post

Thankyou, she does have a warm comfy bed under the kitchen table, know what you mean about little dogs being canny, she is very quick to learn generally. I have wondered about her food but the vet has advised now that she's stays on it. I giver her as much excercise as can manage, usually an hour or more early morning and then half hr or bit more in afternoon(find it hard sometimes because of agoraphobia) x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
On another thread Brierley said it was easy to stop nuisance barking hopefully she will write the method for you and that will stop

Adam
Thankyou, will try find the thread, any advice welcome.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
nothing wrong with 'good quality protein' ..... you would think all raw feeders would have hyper strung out dogs
I did think about feeding raw at one stage and know the protein are not the same as with dry/wet vet diet but am bit frightened to try in case she is ill again(i would prefer to feed raw(like a bit myself you know ) as it seems to have helped sort a lot of dogs digestive and other health problems from what have read here x

Thankyou everyone for all your help and advice, have been hospital visiting today and the wind has dropped, thank goodness x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3