Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 06:32 PM
sounds like your back to normal H!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Maybe the bath equalised all the fluid but if any more lumps appear I hope it's not on the waistline, hips or bum!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Good....that seems to be you sorted and on the road to recovery.

As for Mr Waitrose and his sausages - he and we have had a serious falling out over their "revamp" of the Malvern store..........you know all those lovely wide glittering airy aisles that they are famous for? Well, in order to fit in sidekick Mr. John Lewis, they have squashed them all up; lowered the ceiling and reduced the lighting - what on earth was that all about It is now worse than any other local supermarket cos there is no room to browse without clogging up the place, and it feels positively claustrophobic Won't be using it again

I have digressed, but just want you to feel sorry for me after all the worry you have caused!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
As for Mr Waitrose and his sausages - he and we have had a serious falling out over their "revamp" of the Malvern store..........you know all those lovely wide glittering airy aisles that they are famous for? Well, in order to fit in sidekick Mr. John Lewis, they have squashed them all up; lowered the ceiling and reduced the lighting - what on earth was that all about It is now worse than any other local supermarket cos there is no room to browse without clogging up the place, and it feels positively claustrophobic Won't be using it again
You know what Sally, I am more and more despairing of modern management, some of the schemes and plans that they come up with amaze me, I mean we even had that national chain of jewelers MD standing up and saying his products were c**p not to mention Fred Goodwin buying a Dutch bank for ten times what it was worth, I bet the people in Holland thought all their Christmas's had come at once when that stupid offer went out. What the heck is wrong with management today
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
sounds like your back to normal H!
Internally, I feel just about as normal as it gets for me, except for these stabbing pains sometimes on the site of impact, and I cannot believe that the top corner of a car door can do such strange things to my anatomy, but I suppose if I hit it hard enough, all the metal mouldings along with that pointy bit, has done a good job on my head. I'm being very careful now, with open wallcupboard doors in the kitchen, emptying dishwasher underneath, and same with the tumble dryer door on top of the washing machine Oh I've learned now after this one!!!

Originally Posted by twix View Post
Maybe the bath equalised all the fluid but if any more lumps appear I hope it's not on the waistline, hips or bum!
Funny you should say that twix!!!

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Good....that seems to be you sorted and on the road to recovery.

I have digressed, but just want you to feel sorry for me after all the worry you have caused!!!
Well I do......a bit....old bean, I suppose you can put it on a par with bashing yer head hard and all the related trauma. They'd better not change MY Waitrose into a shared commodity, or I'll be giving them a miss too, and that won't look good on their balance sheet for sales of chocolate cornetto's, sausages, and ready baked yorkies

Well, I thought I was much better this morning, even went on a walk with Dave and survived an hour up on top, but then by lunchtime the pain came back in that lumpy area, so more drugs and I've now run out of Paracetamols. I knownot to take Asprin or Ibuprofen because of the risk of bleeding(I've been busy on Google dontchaknow!)

Hey ho, it might do what it did last night and drain itself again, coz I'm sure it's a build up of fluid. I'm phoning the private hospital in the morning to see about that scan and whether it went off on Friday afternoon and if it DID, then I'm marching straight down to the quacks for a big confrontation with them!!!! Grrrr, how dare they leave me in danger all week-end if this is the case!!!

Will report back with news when I have it, and thanks for popping in to check that I'm still here!!! xxxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 08:54 PM
H, that is something to mention, you spend £400 on a scan and then have to google to find out what painkillers you can take since nobody could take 5 mins to call you back! Trouble is getting past a doctors receptionist...
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Hope you've spoken to the Drs and had it sorted. I know how you feel, my GP told me I was fine after I was given an antibiotic in December, caused a very rare reaction - Intracranial hypertension, I have private medical insurance so I went and saw a neurologist anyway because I knew there was something wrong, ended up with swollen optic nerve, increased blind spot in one eye, and had to have a lumbar puncture and fluid drain and I'm still not right. The GP didn't even know it was possible to have this reaction to the meds....great! Don't give up on them, keep hounding! xxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Let us know how you get on helena x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Glad you got yourself sorted Lorna, like you, I don't have much faith in our gp's they're far too busy, I'm sure they miss things!

Thanks Natalie. I had a really bad night, the pain was getting unbearable lying down, so Dave took Zena out for me first thing, he was worried, but I was more worried coz it was pitch black and we've never done that before, but all was fine!

The strange thing was, as soon as I was up and about, the pain went, I just can't fathom this out. NOw and again I get a stabbing pain on the spot where the lumps are, but apart from that I feel ok. I rang the private hospital, spoke to the x-ray dept. got the same miserable g*t that did my scan. I asked him IF the scan had been sent to the doc's on Friday OR whether it was going off today. It's going off today because there's nothing urgent on there???!! Hmmmmm not what he told my Friday was it! He said the consultant had seen it, done his report and I would have to discuss it with my doctor. I asked if I could have a copy (seeing as how I paid for the bladdy thing) and he said I would have to ask the doctor for the disk. Told him I was more interested in the report, because the disc wouldn't mean diddly squat to me would it, I'm no brain surgeon. I will have to ask the doctor for it. Anything I wanted to know, my doctor will discuss it with me.

So, I now have to wait yet again, for the doctor who sent me there to get back into the surgery (whenever that will be this week, but I haven't rung to find out yet), and then hopefully, instead of shutting it all away in a drawer, he might actually call me in to discuss it, but then again.....

As far as I'm concerned now, I shall just carry on dosing myself up with the paracetamols and wait it out, but if I hear nothing by Thursday I will ring and ask for an appointment because I want to see that report, who can blame me!! I want to know what was questionable on there.

I'll live!!! Lol! Thanks all for the great support you have and always give me when times are bad. Hopefully, things will be on the up now. I still don't feel right, and I'm terrified of anything hitting my head again, so I'm just gonna have to be more careful!!xxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad you got yourself sorted Lorna, like you, I don't have much faith in our gp's they're far too busy, I'm sure they miss things!

Thanks Natalie. I had a really bad night, the pain was getting unbearable lying down, so Dave took Zena out for me first thing, he was worried, but I was more worried coz it was pitch black and we've never done that before, but all was fine!

The strange thing was, as soon as I was up and about, the pain went, I just can't fathom this out. NOw and again I get a stabbing pain on the spot where the lumps are, but apart from that I feel ok. I rang the private hospital, spoke to the x-ray dept. got the same miserable g*t that did my scan. I asked him IF the scan had been sent to the doc's on Friday OR whether it was going off today. It's going off today because there's nothing urgent on there???!! Hmmmmm not what he told my Friday was it! He said the consultant had seen it, done his report and I would have to discuss it with my doctor. I asked if I could have a copy (seeing as how I paid for the bladdy thing) and he said I would have to ask the doctor for the disk. Told him I was more interested in the report, because the disc wouldn't mean diddly squat to me would it, I'm no brain surgeon. I will have to ask the doctor for it. Anything I wanted to know, my doctor will discuss it with me.

So, I now have to wait yet again, for the doctor who sent me there to get back into the surgery (whenever that will be this week, but I haven't rung to find out yet), and then hopefully, instead of shutting it all away in a drawer, he might actually call me in to discuss it, but then again.....

As far as I'm concerned now, I shall just carry on dosing myself up with the paracetamols and wait it out, but if I hear nothing by Thursday I will ring and ask for an appointment because I want to see that report, who can blame me!! I want to know what was questionable on there.

I'll live!!! Lol! Thanks all for the great support you have and always give me when times are bad. Hopefully, things will be on the up now. I still don't feel right, and I'm terrified of anything hitting my head again, so I'm just gonna have to be more careful!!xxxxx
Does it always hurt when lying down? I only ask because when my pressure at it's highest I couldn't lie down, I could only sit up....Do you know the name of your consultant at the private hospital? If you google the consultant it should bring up the name of their private secretary so you could ring and ask to speak to the consultant directly? You've probably already tried but I rang lots in the build up to my LP as I was due to fly away over xmas and only found out 2 days before I was due to fly that I wasn't allowed Drs can be bloody hard to get hold of - I would certainly want to talk to the consultant not your GP though if you can hon!

Bloody head injuries can be a ******!!!! Big hugs xxxxx
Page 13 of 19 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »