Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwwww your doing just great hun,keep up the good work.ROFL,tell em about the Viennese whirls,lmao,pure class,xxxxxxxxxx
before I found strawberry jelly, one day I craved something sweet, so I took a bite of a viennese whirl,,,chewed it up a bit and spat it out the things we do
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
wow 7 stone,, well done! what diet did you follow? how long did it take
your such a winner gall
I just counted calories and ate what I wanted, but I also walked miles and miles pushing him in his pram.
It took me about 8 months to lose 7 stone.

It's keeping it off that's the hardest, hence why 14 years later I went on another diet and lost over 5 stone last year.
That time I counted calories but also at as little fat as possible, and a few carbs as well, and also tried not to eat after 6pm, not easy!

My weight has always gone up and down, at the mo I am not on a diet as trying to stop stressing so it just wouldn't work.
I have 'issues' with food but will never be as bad as my cousin who was on the same ward as Lena Zavaroni.

I think as long as you are happy with the way you are that's fine... at the mo I am, but will diet again to shift more I know!

You've done really well, keep it up!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
before I found strawberry jelly, one day I craved something sweet, so I took a bite of a viennese whirl,,,chewed it up a bit and spat it out the things we do
LMAO you daft woman, well they do say it's now what you eat but what you swallow!

We had a pack of viennese whirls in the office, but three of them had no cream in and three had double the amount, so I just had one with no cream lol.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
Yyuuup ! It certainly does . Mmmmmm , Strawberry jelly , my favourite .
I'm glad to hear the diet is going well Shona and that you can now have a wee treat. Do you eat it on its own or can you have some fresh fruit with it ? Fruit sugars are not fattening , only the processed stuff.
Keep up the good work . x.
According to Sky News, fruit DOES make you fat

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Hea...=searchresults
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
According to Sky News, fruit DOES make you fat

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Hea...=searchresults
It's true, fruit sugar has exactly the same energy value as refined sugar.... it's all sugar, ie carbs.

When Charlie was small a dietician gave us a talk and said fruit juice was just as bad as giving a sugary drink as the fruit cells were all broken up and so the fruit sugar would hit childrens systems quickly, far better to give them pieces of fruit instead.
And did you see the F word last night, about how there was more sugar in a 'no added sugar' fruit smoothie than in a can of fizzy pop?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
It's true, fruit sugar has exactly the same energy value as refined sugar.... it's all sugar, ie carbs.

When Charlie was small a dietician gave us a talk and said fruit juice was just as bad as giving a sugary drink as the fruit cells were all broken up and so the fruit sugar would hit childrens systems quickly, far better to give them pieces of fruit instead.
And did you see the F word last night, about how there was more sugar in a 'no added sugar' fruit smoothie than in a can of fizzy pop?
tell me about it!! a few yrs back i found out the horrible way!

I wasa at weightwatchers and though.....oooh ill have fruit smoothies for brekkie

so i would blend 1 apple 1/4 melon, banana, pineapple and an orange

They were yummy...didi this for a week....

PUT ON 3 LBS!!!!!

i was soooo gutted!!!
thought i was being good as well!! lol!
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
My mum's on a diet, and she got slimmer of the week one time and her reward was low-fat jelly. How much fat can jelly have in it in the first place?!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2