Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 09:51 PM

nose bleeds

ive been getting them more and more often. today i had 2. and the first one was outside. luckily the first aider in B & Qs was on hand to help. these are lasting up to 3/4 of and hour
im on aspirin and atenol so i think its the blood thinners are the reason.
ive got an appoinment with a vascular surgeon soon, (for leg cramps)
and as its getting to the point where ive had enough of them, im going to see the doctor tomorrow.
ive got to sleep with a towel on my pillow as it is.
oh and as i couldnt get to take ben out tonight, my nice neighbour took ben for his walkies, and he was a good boy, kept looking back for me though. (blees)
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:04 PM
You poor thing. Yes the aspirin etc probably isn't helping, though obviously you can't stop them.
I had really bad nosebleeds when I was a child. I can remember covering the bottom on a washing up bowl with blood once, they were bad. Luckily I grew out of them, they were talking about having a little op on the offending vein in my nose otherwise.
Def speak to your gp because they shouldn't be affecting your life like that.
*hugs*
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:15 PM
It probably is the aspirin that is thinning the blood. I was admitted into hospital a while back as I had nose bleeds lasting a long time. It was horrendous so I really feel for you. I had to sleep with a towel whick would be soaked in the morning. The only advice I can give you until its sorted is to put ice cubes into a small plastic bag and rest it on the bridge of your nose, that is what they did to me in hospital and it helped a lot.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Oh Cathy, how horrible for you. Hope you get it sorted honey x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 06:21 AM
How awful..............hope you get it sorted Hun xxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2008, 06:27 AM
I hope they sort them for you. Nose bleeds are so frightening
I was like Becky, had terrible ones as a Child my last one was at 12 and my Mum came home and thought I had been massacred it lasted for hours and we had to have a Doctor out, luckily I outgrew them.
Sounds like the aspirin could be the culprit I hope it can be sorted so they stop. I would really not want to live through them again. (((Hugs))). xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Awwwww hun,must be awful for you.Hope they get you sorted out and pronto,huge hugs just for you hun,xxxxxxxxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
oh hun sorry to hear this my son gets them he is 6yrs he is on meds and it does not help and any rise in BP will cause it as well. Maybe see your doctor he might be able to help and explain they are lasting for a long time he might be able to change your meds a little to see if that helps. hugs to you xxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 06:51 PM
ive sussed out that when i get up quick thats when i bleed. so its def BP related. if it gets too much ill just head off to the A&E get them to sort it. ive got various hosp appoinments this month anyway.
ive just got to slow down for now. ( i can do that LOL )
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
oh hun i think you will have to do a slow moving stand from now on...lol sorry well i really hope it gets sorted i now they changed my sons meds and touch wood he has not had one now for 2 mths in stead of his 6 aday and so hard to stop. let us now how it goes hun.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >