Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 10:59 PM

Erm, talking to my ex....

I've just been talking to my ex wife and step son, for the first time in a year and a half, I feel numb......I never dreamt I'd speak to my son again, but on the negative, she really feels nothing towards me....I don't know, numb! She was lovely to me btw, I realised that it wasn't all her fault, I put a lot of pressure on her, and was very suffocating, I didn't see it at the time, but talking to her about it made it seem well a different point of view I guess, as we never talked about it.....

Weird x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm glad hun, maybe now you can get some kind of closure on this, just don't kid yourself something might rekindle itself. Believe me, I have worn that bloody t-shirt! xxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Random is absolutely right, Lorna - good advice honey - please listen to her and have a huge hug from me x0x0x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks.......it does feel like shes finally explained why to me x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Yep, that was brill advice, take it in and move on..... coz if I see you anywhere near here I will kidnap you and lock you in the garage til you see sense and if I have to invite all of Dogsey round to do it I will!
(Lorna's ex lives up the road from me)
*hugs*
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Ha ha thanks Becky, we spoke again tonight and she's made it clear she doesn't want me back, there is nothing I will be able to do or say I don't think

x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Ha ha thanks Becky, we spoke again tonight and she's made it clear she doesn't want me back, there is nothing I will be able to do or say I don't think

x
Nope and you shouldn't be even thinking of anyway to get her back. You should be making it clear to her that you don't want her back.
You know I'm making sense, just let it go, have some 'Lorna' time hun. You gotta be able to cope alone before you can cope with someone else, that goes for everyone.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I know that, I just miss her so so much and when we talk its like nothing bad ever happened, I care about her and Finn so much x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I know that, I just miss her so so much and when we talk its like nothing bad ever happened, I care about her and Finn so much x
Yes but plenty bad did happen and you spilt up. I know she has made it clear she doesn't want you back, but I also know you are quite vulnerable right now, with your new job, losing Icon etc, and I don't want that naughty little devil sitting on your shoulder whispering to you 'You never know Lorna, she may still love you.....'.

You need to be strong Lorna. You need to have some time to sort YOU.
You were with her and married very young, then you had another relationship quite quickly etc etc. You have been through an awful lot, and yes you may care for them, but as far as relationships go she is in your past.

You need time on your own, to have fun and, I hate to say it, find yourself. You've posted about having doubts about your sexuality, and been hospitalised due to getting so low, so please don't go back to thinking she is the answer.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I did have doubts about my sexuality, but Richard soon proved that I am gay through and through! I'm not on any anti depressants at the moment and talking to her isnt helping the mood, particularly with my job being so lousy, I think I'll have to back track again, which is a shame as I thought I was ready to be friends with her....I'm guessing I'm not x
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »