Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:43 PM
awww im sorry to hear this hon. I hope you are ok? *big hugs and doggie kisses*
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:59 PM
thnks guys, yeah im fine, really i am, still laughing and joking as always!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Big big hugs.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:08 PM
ta hun...have treated myself to some spare ribs, chicken in satay sauce and chips as i havent eaten all day!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry hun, but I think he's a bit of a ****! Wants you to lose weight and change yourself? Those pics of you in the dress were lovely I hope you are okay hun, I really do, sending you (((BIG HUGS))) from me and the boys
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:27 PM
i am hun just a shame after 5 yrs..
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
ta hun...have treated myself to some spare ribs, chicken in satay sauce and chips as i havent eaten all day!!
Can I come over????
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sorry in a way, but definitely think its for the best if he really wanted to change you that much.

I must admit I had several relationships before meeting my current OH. One of the things I love so much about my OH is that he takes me exactly the way I am - I've never ever had to pretend to be someone different.

I'm sure the right guy is out there for you. Just promise me one thing with your new date - don't rush into another serious relationship - enjoy being 'wooed', flattered and idolised, but keep it light hearted until you're sure you are ready.

(((hugs))) to you, you seem to be taking it all so well.
Sorry to hear this Hun....but I'm with Hali, I too had several relationships....after my first marriage of 21 years ended....(and until I met Parick)....they could all kiss my Ar$e, after my first marriage ended in divorce, I decided that no man was fit enough to lick my boots .....................then I met Patrick,who I am married too now, he takes me for who I am and loves me for what I am, he makes no demands on me changing and still 5 and half years down the road ......he still makes me laugh,.

Go out and enjoy yourself Hun
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by random View Post
Can I come over????
come on down....i have a nice bottle of red too!!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Hello Alex, you must always be yourself and not change for anyone! My first husband felt the same about me as your boyfriend. He always wanted me to lose weight and never asked me anywhere as he couldn't show me off to his friends as I was overweight! He was a nice bloke but couldn't accept me for myself and it wasn't easy living with him for the six years we were together, I can't remember how many times I left him and went back to my Parents but always went back to him. He never asked me to any of his works do's as he was so ashamed of me. The first thing he said to me when we first met at a nightclub was "why don't you go away and lose some weight". I should have known then what he was like! The trouble is I did go away and lose quite a lot of weight and he was fine with me and we got married, but over the years I put the weight back on and he wasn't very nice to me because of that. We divorced after having a rocky relationship for six years.
I was on my own for 15 years apart from my lovely lab x dogs, and then I met my lovely husband Brian. he is also big and totally loves me for myself and loves me to pieces. He hates it if I wont go anywhere with him, he is truly a lovely, lovely bloke. Weve been married now for nine years and are extremely happy together.
So you see Alex, to be truly happy you have to be excepted as yourself and never have to change. People have to love you for yourself.
I hope you didn't mind me puting all that, it's just that it brought back memories of myself when I read your post. Good luck anyway, you will find true happiness in time.you see.
Alison x
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »