View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I am sorry to hear this Alexandra, what a shallow man he is. He is going to find himself very lonely if this is how he judges people, and expecting to change people to suit him. You stay as you are babes, and he needs to go to specsavers if he can't see how beautiful you are. You have done the right thing, you can do so much better for yourself. Big *hugs* to you.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Man's a fool. You are beautiful exactly as you are.

Have a great time on your date hun, you deserve it *hugs*
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:45 PM
OMG Alex I am so sorry!!! What a Tw@t!!!

Dont you change for anyone you are perfect as you are, bloody cheek, cant show you off to his friends?????? If thats what marriage means to him then you are better off out of it!!!

Big hugs from all of us here xxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear this but I think you've made the right decision , its hard to let go of something that feels familar even if we know its not right for us.
Also I think your very brave cancelling the wedding at the last minute.
How dare he want to change you,
Hugs hun xxxx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 05:05 PM
OMG . How can he say that about you, We have all seen the pics your most definately not over weight....If thats his opinion of you then thank god you did something about it before the wedding. Play the field a bit but don't rush into anything.....things might seem different to both of you in a few days......when he realises you mean it for good.

Hugs to you

Mel xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 05:26 PM
hi guys,
thanks for the support...

its for the best...he doesnt want to split but im not willing to change or put up with the thought im not good enough and as much as he wants to work it out, it wont work....

he said himself that in 5yrs time he will be rattling around in a show home tidy flat but no one to share it with and will regret this but i said sometimes as much as you waant something its not good for you and we both deserve to be with people we want.....

Alex
xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Can't show you off in front of his friends????
What an @***!

Sounds more like the sort of guy who is worried about showing you off in case you see what a twonk he is saying something so stupid like that.

Sweetheart, you are a beautiful, kind, funny young woman (even if you do have funny taste in the colour of your furniture ) and I am so proud you aren't gonna change for anyone!

My first hubby loved me dearly (LOL sorry, nearly choked then) but was never happy, if I worked he wanted me to stay at home, if I stayed at home he wanted me to work, if I wore make up, it was too much or too little. He's now long gone, literally.
When we split, or rather when I finally was strong enough to tell him that was it, I'd had enough, I did go a little crazy, got a lot of attention from the boys and thoroughly enjoyed it. Met a few frogs though, so be careful, however did meet my wonderful man that I am with now.

He loves me no matter what, as long as I am happy that's all that matters, and it's the same way I feel about him, and how it should be.

I agree you could never be with him after saying those words to you, so be proud, look forward and have some fun.
We're all here for you if you need us.
*big girly hug*
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 05:49 PM
OMGoodness I have only just caught this Alex.... after all those wedding talks I feel really asd......but at the same time, relieved your not tying the knot with a man who doesnt appreciate you, you certainly deserve better than that gal!!!

Has he moved out?? Are you ok?? If you need to chat you know you can PM me anytime hunny xxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh Alex hun i'm so so sorry to hear this, and if he meant those thing then he really doesn't deserve you, you're absolutely gorgeous hun and don't you even think about changing for anyone, you are dead right and certainly deserve someone who will appreciate you and love you for what you are, not longing for some wafer thin catwalk doll. I'm a size 14 myself and know where you are coming from on this. Hope you are ok. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear this Alex, but best now and not later - go enjoy youself and be nothing but yourself!
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »