Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:29 PM

Head lice! finally a solution!~ Nitty Gritty

I have tried absolutely everything to get rid of head lice and have had more problems than usual the last few weeks.

Having tried different lotions and potions I bought a comb from boots that was recommended by a friend.

it was £9.99!! but she said it was good and it comes with a money back garantee! so worth a try I thought anyway it is amazing! it got all the eggs out and everything! and if you break it you can send it back for a new one!

Nitty Gritty "Nitfree comb" made by mums.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I have had my nitty gritty for a few years now and swear by it.I have however used a new product recently that worked very quickly and effectively.Lyclear creme rinse takes about 30 minutes start to finish and worked on my daughter as a single application. She is 12 with long and very thick hair. Normally I comb and condition but needed to sort it quickly as she was going away. The day after, I used my nitty gritty, and combed lots of dead lice and eggs out of her hair.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:29 PM
I swear by X-It,it's all natural and stinks a bit but it's really good.
Touch wood we've not had any for a fair bit.
http://www.xitheadlice.co.uk/
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:34 PM
my eldest is 10 and has long thick hair which is always kept tied up at school , and my youngest daughter has thinner bobbed hair and she never seems to get them!
didn't realise The Nitty gritty comb had been around a while thought I would have heard of it before!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Touch wood I have only had to deal with this once.. (NEVER with Ciaran) but CJ once.. she had bum length straight thick hair!! I bought mine in desperation about 18 months ago..along with a bottle of Hedrin(EXCELLENT stuff)
And had them gone in 24 hrs..

Can't bear the thought of them
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Hedrin is the new one. Silicon based so it suffocates them.No nasty chemicals either.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Doens't smell and its really oily..so it spreads really well