View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 11:13 PM
So sorry to hear this hun,as if you haven't had enough to worry about.Hope you get better soon hun,xxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Hope you feel better soon Sheree. Maybe the stress you are under at the moment isn't helping.
(((Hugs))).xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Sheree, whatever it is, honey, it can be sorted.

No point in me telling you not to worry, as it's human nature to do so. However, you may be aggravating it if it is a goitre.

Know what you mean about always being at the docs too - I seem to have a season ticket at the moment......

Stay frosty, kiddo, I'm sure it can be sorted.

Thinking of you x0x0x
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 06:17 AM
so sorry to hear your news - hope you feel better soon

sue
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Aww thanks everyone, I really appreciate your good wishes and support.

I shall try not to worry about it, after all, there's nothing I can do, just have to leave it to the professionals. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I have been back to the docs today...I hate keep going but my scan appointment isn't until 8th July and the lump is now about the size of an apple, its pushing on my throat and I feel like I need to keep swallowing to clear it, of course it doesn't clear anything.

Doc said there is nothing he can do, until I've had the scan to show what the lump consists of then he can't start any treatment. I can understand that, but thought he might have a magic potion that I could take to stop it growing in the meantime, a sort of anti-inflamatory or something. What happens if I can't breathe because its pushing on my windpipe? I'm getting a bit panicky thinking about it to be honest.

He said that he could refer me to a private clinic, (like I can afford that!) but I would still have to wait 2 weeks for a scan, he said that I'm not to worry and that if they find its something horrid I will be started on immediate treatment.

I phoned the hospital, (on his advice), to tell them that I would be available to attend immediately should they get a cancellation. Unfortunately,they don't keep lists, I just have to phone them a couple of times a day to see if someone has cancelled.

I've always received such good treatment on the national health, I suppose because I'm scared about what it could be it seems a hundred times worse, and they probably see people with these lumps many times every day. Its just me being silly I expect but I think that every day I'm waiting could be a day that I'm getting treated, especially if it is something bad.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh God Sheree, have only just seen this thread, christ can anything else go wrong in your life! reading through, I see it's now even bigger - for your peace of mind - I hope they can fit you in asap!

I wont even go there and say try not to worry, it's human nature to worry yourself regarding any sort of lump. I just hope that you are seen soon! Sending you big hugs!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Oh God Sheree, have only just seen this thread, christ can anything else go wrong in your life! reading through, I see it's now even bigger - for your peace of mind - I hope they can fit you in asap!

I wont even go there and say try not to worry, it's human nature to worry yourself regarding any sort of lump. I just hope that you are seen soon! Sending you big hugs!
Thanks Sharon... I had calmed down about it but its scaring me again now, fingers crossed for a cancellation xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I missed this too ? sorry
Please try not to worry yourself Sheree, I hope this appointment is made soon for you xxxxx

Did he give you any indication on the cost of private consultation ?
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:35 PM
sorry your having a rough time at the moment.

If it is goitre a women i work with has just had this diagnosed and it runs in her family, they are keeping an eye on it at the moment though, i think her mum and nan had it also.

If i were you i would keep on at the doctors a bit, but sometimes going privately isn't toooo bad in costs it might be worth checking out. Good luck, thinking of you.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >