Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:54 PM
DevilDogz
What experience have you had in keeping Dobermanns? Or any of the large guarding breeds?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Perhaps one of these people who are not living with a dog who has just attacked their child, would like to take the dog in then? Having had 2 Dobermanns myself and done Dobe rescue for several years, I know for sure it shouldnt be rehomed, it would be dreadfully irresponsible to do so IMO.
I agree Dawn,
I was also told the same by the breed rescue's I contacted,he would never be rehomed.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
ISnt the lady VERY lucky she was there then, otherwise the "scratch" could of been much worse. As I said, its NOT your child been attacked, its easy to judge from the outside. I can guarantee that anyone who was thinking of having a dog wouldnt dream of taking on a mature animal with a history of biting children.

Thats why i said the dog needs to go some where with out kids and that the person can work with it instead of giving up on the dog..ok the owner is responsible but that doesnt mean it has to be pts just found a new home where it can be worked with..

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You took in a toy dog, there is a huge difference , givent he nature f your far worse case, would you be sayign the same if it was a huge dog such as the dog in question.
Yes a toy dog, the only different is size any dog can cause serious injuries to a human..
Yes like i said any dog deserves a chance to be worked with, from my toy breed to great danes..We took on our breed because we know the breed, i wouldnt dream of taking on a dob knowing next to nothing about them because that would be a disaster in its self..so again like i said the dog needs to be worked on by some one that knows the breed and just what they can do.

I guess the owner of the dog will make her own mind up of what she finds best for her and her dog and thats fine! we arent all the same and i know having the dog pts this early on wouldnt be an option for me..
The dog can be housed with out children, can be walked with a muzzle on and have time spent working with the dog, you see i think there is a solution to most problems.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Dawn she is female and was around 18months when it happened and yes she did graze a 3year old childs face causing bruising and swelling and she's still here.
I just can't see how this incident is being interpreted as an attack with the level of injury being described.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Perhaps one of these people who are not living with a dog who has just attacked their child, would like to take the dog in then?
I have to agree....it's all very easy to say the dog should not be pts.....but would anybody actually take it in?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
DevilDogz
What experience have you had in keeping Dobermanns? Or any of the large guarding breeds?
None.....
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Personally,if either of my dogs acted like this I would PTS, I am really sorry for your situation, but I have to be able to trust my dogs, and could never pass on a dog that gave no warning to someone else, incase it happened again.

I just couldn't take the risk , and it certainly wouldn't be under my roof with my kids, as much as I adore and love my dogs, children come first
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Dawn she is female and was around 18months when it happened and yes she did graze a 3year old childs face causing bruising and swelling and she's still here.
I just can't see how this incident is being interpreted as an attack with the level of injury being described.
Thats just how i feel! Is it just because she is a Dob that people are saying this...i guess so as i am being asked what experience i have with guarding dogs... I wonder what would be said if it was one of my chinese cresteds!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:00 PM
How can you be sure this wouldnt of been incredibly serious if the owner wasnt right there as she said she was?

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post

None.....
I think if you had, you would see the difference.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:01 PM

The OP explained:
"the next thing I knew the dog was on top of my son, barking and growing, I struggled to drag him off, all the time he was lunging and pulling back to get to my son....Whilst I was dragging him off, it worried me that he was trying to get back and carry on and I could just tell that if he had been really biting him I would have never been able to stop him."
if it's not an attack, what would you call it?
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 47 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »