Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Damn, must get that crystal ball repaired again

Perhaps you could have posted a few words to that effect (like Lucky Star did) so that people can see that you are trying to help and not simply having a go
TheFish
New Member!
Male 

29-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Sometimes people make mistakes, unfortunatly I am trying to fix this little mess we are in, if its going to turn into a bitch fight I can find alternative methods of finding a home for her, unfortunatly that may result in the pets at home window with her going to someone that won't appriechiate her.

I Certainly don't expect to have my morals torn into.

Thanks.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
Sometimes people make mistakes, unfortunatly I am trying to fix this little mess we are in, if its going to turn into a bitch fight I can find alternative methods of finding a home for her, unfortunatly that may result in the pets at home window with her going to someone that won't appriechiate her.

Thanks.
It would be irresponsible not to point out that breeding from a rescue dog is, at best, ill-advised. Other people may be reading this thread who could have read your post and thought that it's ok to pick up a dog that you know little or nothing about and then use it to produce puppies.

Regardless, it would seem that you have been offered advice on rehoming from a number of quarters. Generally, the best advice is to go through the breed club. This may or may not be the case in this instance apparently. I would expect that you intend to vet any potential homes carefully before rehoming her, therefore the medium of advertising is not that important as the criteria applied should be the same whether the potential home comes through a dog forum or PAH window

I do hope you find a suitable home for her soon to spare her and the pup any futher anxiety caused by the current situation.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks.
No-one is tearing into your morals, you are being advised as to what it ethical and responsible

People are simply advising that breeding from a rescued dog, that already has some temperament issues, whom has no history, no health testing etc, by someone who is not overly experienced with the breed, would be a very irrisponsible thing to do, that's all.

It is something that you have now learned, and also something that others reading this thread may have learned

As for rehoming, I would not advise placing an ad in PAH or anywhere similar. Should the breed rescue be unable to help, why can't you approach a normal rescue, who will spey her before she is rehomed again ?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 07:35 PM

Thanks.
I hope you don't and I suspect you would rather not too as you want the best for this dog. Try the details I PMd you; if not, try an alternative, such as Malady suggests.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to post a pic of Indi???

If you decide to rehome her, please have her spayed first as it will stop a dodgy breeder getting her hands on her
Please contact these people http://www.the-utonagan-association.co.uk/ufap.htm . They really do seem to have the Utonagan's breed best interests at heart.

I am 99% certain your Indi is my pups Mum, which is why I would really like to help if I can. She was put in rescue after she had a litter,I had to do loads of detective work to find out about his background , he was a private rehome,it was all very dodgy .

If the rescue was in Wales then I am certain it is Mack's Mum. Please do get in touch with the above people they will help you.

Do you think the problems are because your puppy is maturing so they are coming into conflict because of that?

If you do rehome please get her spayed. I will help if I can

xxxxxx
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I have PM'd you
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 12:24 AM
not everyone who reply to them adverts are bad you know

please have her spayed before she goes to anyone else if you waas going to have a litter i hope that you had all the health checks done? although you dont know her background, so i guess history would be hard to get??

anyway good luck!
TheFish
New Member!
Male 

30-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Just to give you a bit of background so that you dont think myself or the rescue centre are total idiots, when we took Indi on, we, and the rescue beleived that the previous owners were to forward on all history, including vet information and the pedigree. At this point, knowing exactly where she came from and from being around this dog, beleiving that she would be perfect for breeding from. Unfortunatly, none of the information was ever forarded to the rescue centre, and the previous owners had appeared to have dissapeared off of the face of the planet. At no point after this have we even considered breeding from her, due to a severe cashflow crisis, we have been unable to get her speyed as of yet, nor do we have the money to pay for a behavourist or the vet bills from her tearing the puppies legs apart. If we had of chosen to breed her, it will have been done all above board, through one of the ute societies and with a proper ute stud. This was not a money making excersise, it was a help to the breed, and we still intend to breed from out pup given that her hips and eyes are very good, again this will all be done above board and not as a money making excercise.

I know within the breed there is a lot of politics, and a lot of hard feeling between certain breeders, I have, and never will be interested in this and wish to be left out of it, the people within the breed we have met have been very helpful, given us non stop support and have always been open to us about problems within the breed.

Id like to thank everyone for there concern and support and hopefully what I have just written above will clear up any outstanding issues.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 10:06 AM
i just remember seeing a advert for GSD pups and it said 'both mum and dad are resuces so no papers'

and i just thought how sad really, to end up in resuce then whoever resuced them had 2 litters in that year (last year) as i see them advertised twice!

no health checks done either! and no history on the dogs were known so they could have had bad hips and been aggressive! you just dont know!

if you really wanted to breed couldnt you jsut buy a UT from the society?

i love UT's after seeing someone else's on here (cant rem the name now!)

its sad that you have to re-home her im not sure where else to suggust if you dont want to put adverts or contact any more resuces, as i said no everyone who answer them ads are bad you know!

good luck and maybe post up some pics of the doggie? id love to see some!! and some of your other one!! im always curious to there looks as they change so much!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >