Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Little Bo
New Member!
Female 

10-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Little Bo - Rescued from the streets of Sri Lanka

Hello
Little Bo was a Sri Lankan Street dog. She had been left to die in a foul drainage ditch by the side of a busy dusty road in Sri Lanka christmas 2003. I was on holiday in Sri Lanka when I found her. Her eyes looked into mine and from that moment my life changed completely. After what seemed like endless negotiations, red tape and heartache I finally managed to get Little Bo safe and well and to the UK where she now lives with myself and her best friend Coco Cat. Little Bo's strength and courage managed to inspire people both in the UK and Sri Lanka to begin an animal welfare charity to help thousands like her abandoned on the streets of Sri Lanka. We sterilize, vacinate against rabies and provide veterinary care for these homeless animals. We are now organising a James Bond Themed Charity Ball at the Town Hall, Burton, Staffs on Friday 26th October. Money we raise at this event will go towards our next project which is to build our own facility in Sri Lanka. This will enable us to do much more work and stop the suffering of thousands of animals there. Please can you help us by telling as many people as possible about our Ball. Could you come and support us? Could you donate an item or service that we could sell at our auction to help us raise funds? We desparately need your help to make a difference to the lives of these animals in Sri Lanka that exist every day in a living hell. We have recently had coverage on ITV East Midlands and BBC Birmingham local news. You can access these websites to see these clips and the plight of our animals.
www.itvlocal.com (then search for dog rescue in Sri Lanka)
www.bbc.co.uk/midlandstoday (Birmingham local news Monday 10th Sept)
For further details about our work and our Ball you can contact Little Bo at littlebosanimalwelfare@yahoo.co.uk
There are thousands of dogs, puppies, cats and kittens all of them desparately need help. The way forward is sterilization and vacination as this reduces the numbers. We are based on the outskirts of Colombo and we also have to deal with horrific injuries from car accidents. Every penny counts and everything goes to our animals. We do not take any money from charity funds for flights or accommodation when we travel to Sri Lanka to do this work. This is all funded from our own money. Our volunteers do not even claim expenses. We are a registered charity in Sri Lanka.
Please have the courage to believe that you can make a difference.
With our very best wishes
Sam Noon (Miss) - Charity President
Little Bo - Founder
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 07:24 PM
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Hello and Welcome

Some friends of mine have set up a new help scheme out in Sri Lanka. It is called the Dogstar Foundation, please check it out.http://www.dogstarfoundation.com/

Hopefully with their help, in the future there will not be so many homeless puppies out there.

(if the link does not work, type dogstar foundation into google and it will come up).
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey from Lorraine and the gang,xxxxxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 11:33 PM
welcome to dogsey ..
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Welcome from Gemma, connie and maisie.
What a truly wonderful thing you did and are doing, we would love to see little Bo!
I shall tell everyone about the ball (do you have a flyer, I could print off?) and I will see if my parents have a weeks holiday out in France they can offer for the auction.
Little Bo
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Thank you so much for your reply. A holiday in France would be an amazing auction prize if that was possible. I have a flyer and an email advert about the Ball but I would have to send it by our email address littlebosanimalwelfare@yahoo.co.uk
as I am not sure how to send these attachments by this link.
I could also send you some photos of Little Bo.
With our very best wishes Sam and Little Bo x
Little Bo
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Hello to my new friends Vicki and Lennon
from Little Bo x
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >