Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Superash View Post
i've only just joined on here but have already found people to be very judgemental !
It may look that way but thats because the people on here are thinking of our animals before anything else. Dogs have been homed through this site, people help with transporting etc. K'Ehleyr's post is an example of how helpful people can be on here!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jilly_Baby View Post
FREE TO GOOD HOME. i am relocating and need to find a new home for my one year old rottie/german shepard dog called Kane. he is a very friendly and lovng dog. he is good with other animals and kids. Need to find him a home ASAP as i am going one Friday. I live in Girvan but dont mind if you live further away. if you would like to know anything else then please call- 07944500835
No. i have been offered a job in Liverpool and as i've been out of work for nearly a year i'm not going to say no to a job. As i said i dont want to give him up but i dont have a choice
do you know what,**** the lot of you's. if i knew when i got him over a year ago that i would lose my job,split up with my partner and then have to move away to find work again then obv i wouldnt have gotten a dog. i'm not gettin rid of him because i dont want him or because he's become an "inconvenience" as some of you obviously think.
Well I am going to say this story is a complete farce, do I smell a troll?

A dog you had over a year ago cannot be one now!!

If you have been out of work for nearly a year then you would have been out of work when you got the dog, as they are at least 8 weeks old when you first get them!!

Why wait until 3 days before you have to go to rehome your dog

So this whole story is a lie
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well I am going to say this story is a complete farce, do I smell a troll?

If you have been out of work for nearly a year then you would have been out of work when you got the dog, as they are at least 8 weeks old when you first get them!!

Why wait until 3 days before you have to go to rehome your dog

So this whole story is a lie
Not so much a troll as someone just wanting rid of their dogs as soon as possible. But yes, guess you could call that a troll!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 09:15 PM
this sadly does happen alot .....more often than not the animal is 'dumped'
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Oh for goodness sake, sometimes people on here give no one a chance! I don't like people giving dogs up (and have just been dealing with my friend who has given up her 8 year old SBT) but SOME people on here, jump on to others without even finding out the facts! If you have concerns, then IMO the best thing to do is to ASK before judging and being so harsh... yes, you MAY turn out to be right... but, you could also turn out to be wrong...

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Your posts are confusing. You say the dog is only one year old - one would assume you didn't get it on the day it was born so couldn't have had him a year yet. Then you say you've been out of work for almost a year?
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

Just coz she said the dog is a year doesn't mean he is exactly a year! I say Jake is two, but he was two in March so if you want to be pedantic he is actually 2 years and 8 months old! But, I NEVER say that... Same with when he was one, until about two months before his 2nd birthday, I just said he was one. Then the two months before his birthday, I would say 'nearly two'...

The time part does concern me, but again, SOME jobs start suddenly with little notice.
Shrap
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Haven't read the outcome but if the dog is still in need of a home and is okay with cats I will foster until a rescue placement can be sorted. I live within reasonable distance of Girvan if OP drives.
Shrap
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:40 PM
He has apparently been found a nice home with a family who live in Ayr
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Shrap View Post
Haven't read the outcome but if the dog is still in need of a home and is okay with cats I will foster until a rescue placement can be sorted. I live within reasonable distance of Girvan if OP drives.
That is such a lovely, and amazing, offer! I doubt the OP will come back though, after some of the other responses I really hope she does come back though, coz that could be such an important offer for Kane!

She left a phone number though, so that could be an option for if she doesn't choose to come back.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Shrap View Post
He has apparently been found a nice home with a family who live in Ayr
Oh, that is great I hope things work out in his new home Thanks for letting us know!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, that is great I hope things work out in his new home Thanks for letting us know!
yip fab news!!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >