Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2012, 08:33 AM

Oracle update 'jucheck' what's do?

Are there any Oracle experts out there?

I keep getting a message from them that they want to add :-

jucheck.exe

to my computer, what does it do

I know Oracle are a reputable company but it would still be nice if they added a few words to say what this update was for and I could then judge if I really need it.

I made a decision this year to avoid adding unnecessary stuff to the PC, we used to have all sorts of rubbish on the old PC and I'm sure that was part of the reason it eventually died
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jucheck.xml
The jucheck.exe is the Java update verification process. This process will check on the internet for available updates for the Java software installed on your computer. If updates are available, it will notify you and/or manage the download and install of the updates. You should leave this process running in order to keep your Java up to date.