Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 12:39 PM

Claiming on Insurance - Advice Needed

We have our puppy insured with Axa which hs an excess of £50.

Recently we have been going to the vet regularly. He had an anal gland infection which was treated by antibiotics, then it seemed to reoccur but it hasn't cleared up and the vet is now considering if it is an allergy causing it.

Each vet visit has cost about £40 but as it is an ongoing problem can I add it all up? If the insurance will count it all as one treatment I should be able to claim surely?

I'm asking on here as I wondered if anyone else used axa and knew what their response might be? I'm concerned that if I call them about this they will up the premiums even if I don't claim as they will know that he now has a "pre-existing condition" so I can never change companies.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I know that in the past when I claimed for Finn the vet did go back a few months to the start of his allergy symptoms until his allergy tests and claimed that all back without a problem but this was all in the same policy year. I am with M&S who I think were underwritten by AXA at that time.

My premiums have gone up even when no claims have been submitted so I don't know how much difference claiming makes.