Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2013, 02:44 PM

Keeping an eye on Pepe

I'm hoping I won't need to take Pepe to the vets tomorrow, but I'm keeping a careful eye on him.

This morning he vomited up a sock. About half an hour ago he did a poo - he was having difficulty but did manage to pass it - investigation showed it contained a pair of tights!

He's bouncing around as usual so I'm hoping there will be no more surprises coming out of either end.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Gee whiz!
Heres me thinking it was just the washing machine that swallowed clothes!

Hope he's got nothing else inside
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I'd always thought my cocker spaniel was bad enough, but at least everything he eats vaguely resembles food, however revolting!

Pepe's only eight months old, so fingers crossed he'll grow out of it! He's just come back from a walk and was his usual self, racing around with a greyhound (couldn't catch him, but had a good go!) so at this stage he's obviously feeling OK.

I can see I'm going to have to start being a lot tidier.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 05:22 PM
It sounds as though with any luck Pepe has expelled your washing! I do hope so. Good luck at the vets tomorrow.

A friends chocolate Labrador was forever eating socks, pants, a lead etc etc, but then according to a UK vet survey choc labs are the dogs that have to get veterinary intervention for eating foreign objects more than any other dog.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Oh my gawd!

I've never heard anything like this! I posted recently about a friend whose little dog (miniature daxie) died after eating those covered elastic pony tail bands (he'd obviously been eating them for a very long time and they'd formed into an obstruction inside him).

So I am guessing you were lucky he vomited and/or pood these out? Will they take any measures to try and find out whether he has more 'laundry' on the inside?
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm not surprised to hear about labs eating foreign objects, but didn't know chocolate ones were more prone to it!

Poor little daxie. Whatever possesses them to eat these things.

I'm guessing my vet will have a feel around - I do trust him not to suggest anything unnecessary.

My son actually asked if I was going to wash the sock and use it again!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
I'm not surprised to hear about labs eating foreign objects, but didn't know chocolate ones were more prone to it!

Poor little daxie. Whatever possesses them to eat these things.

I'm guessing my vet will have a feel around - I do trust him not to suggest anything unnecessary.

My son actually asked if I was going to wash the sock and use it again!
That made me laugh out loud! Lordy - boys! (I've got two of 'em!)

They had no idea the daxie was eating these bands. They had an autopsy performed as his death was unexplained and that's when it was discovered. I can only think that, as they were her daughter's bands (she was around 10 or 12 at the time I think) she was always either dropping them or leaving them lying around and maybe they smelled of her and that's why he was attracted to them? Oh who know why dogs do some of the things they do? Bella will chew a sock (someone else's when I've got company - I don't own socks) or other non freshly laundered undies if they are lying around and make holes in them, but has never eaten any - she stashes them under my bed.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh my goodness!!!