Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
matty6
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-01-2013, 08:01 PM

Dog being sick and small lump by her shoulder

Hello, I have a gorgeous choc lab... 8 months old.
On Monday she was sick 4 or 5 times bringing up all her food.. Tues we didn't feed her, but still being sick eating grass and throwing up... Wednesday I took her the vets...

They asked the questions regarding has she swallowed a rogue object or changed diet !! They gave her a anti sickness jab and now after 24 hrs. Just fed her a little chicken and rice.. Seems ok just wandered if anyone had a similar experience?

In addition to this whilst at the vets I felt a small lump by her right shoulder... The vet said keep an eye on it and if not gone in 2 weeks, they will extract some cells via needle to run some tests.. Any one had a similar issue ?? Any information what it is likely to be??

Regarding her being sick the one thing that seemed a bit strange was the sounds of the noises coming from her tummy after 36 hours or so of no food... She couldn't understand the noises and was confused by them
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Hello, I have a gorgeous choc lab... 8 months old.
On Monday she was sick 4 or 5 times bringing up all her food.. Tues we didn't feed her, but still being sick eating grass and throwing up... Wednesday I took her the vets...

They asked the questions regarding has she swallowed a rogue object or changed diet !! They gave her a anti sickness jab and now after 24 hrs. Just fed her a little chicken and rice.. Seems ok just wandered if anyone had a similar experience?

Regarding her being sick the one thing that seemed a bit strange was the sounds of the noises coming from her tummy after 36 hours or so of no food... She couldn't understand the noises and was confused by them

Hello Matty it is quite common for dogs to be sick . They pick up infections and eat rubbish. You were wise taking your puppy to the vet and in feeding her a bland diet to give her tummy chance to recover.

Empty upset dog tummies can make strange noises (just like human ones), my current dog runs away trying to escape it when this happens

In addition to this whilst at the vets I felt a small lump by her right shoulder... The vet said keep an eye on it and if not gone in 2 weeks, they will extract some cells via needle to run some tests.. Any one had a similar issue ?? Any information what it is likely to be??
This could be a small insect bite or blemish which will disappear. Again it is quite usual and a wise precaution to investigate a lump if it doesn't go away.
matty6
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Update. Since Wednesday she had all day Thursday with no food... Then 3 meals since thurs pm Friday am and then pm... Just chicken and rice.. She seems fine in herself, nose is wet.. But soon as she eats she going outside crouching uncomfortably and it's all coming out the other end as a yellow diareah!! I'm so worried about her... Any advice please ..??