Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Back from the vets a wee while ago.

Vet reckons it's a tooth root abcess and can see no damage, swelling etc in the mouth. She's on antibiotics for 7 days and if that doesn't clear it he'll operate.

Still as happy as Larry and of course delighted to see her friends at the vets, where she lived for a month before we adopted her.

Realised today that Willow is 7-8 years old now! Where does the time go?!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed that the abs will sort it out, it did for my last little dog and no op was necessary.

I bet if we had a tooth abscess with a lump as big as that we'd be in agony ..... I've had so many myself but as I mentioned in an earlier post, my little dog also appeared to have no pain with hers either.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed that the abs will sort it out, it did for my last little dog and no op was necessary.

I bet if we had a tooth abscess with a lump as big as that we'd be in agony ..... I've had so many myself but as I mentioned in an earlier post, my little dog also appeared to have no pain with hers either.
Lol, I know, we are wimps in comparison to our dogs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I hope the ABs clear it up quickly for her.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh that's good news that a diagnosis has been made and with luck the ABs will totally knock it on the head without the need for any further action.

I seem to remember reading some years ago that dog's rarely show discomfort with bad teeth etc. - funny isn't it
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Just updating this to say that the ABs cleared this up. The swelling was still there, but very small, for two days post ABs, but then totally gone. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh that's good news that a diagnosis has been made and with luck the ABs will totally knock it on the head without the need for any further action.

I seem to remember reading some years ago that dog's rarely show discomfort with bad teeth etc. - funny isn't it
Yes it is odd Bitkin but I can confirm that from personal experience with my old Cavvie. First we knew was her breath smelling bad. She was eating as normal and all that. She turned out to have an abscess under one of the tiny front teeth and ended up having all the tiny ones removed (they are apparently not much use anyway).

She recovered very quickly but they put her on steroids after extracting the teeth and she put on weight RAPIDLY. I had a job to get her weight down again - but this has made me smile remembering once her tiny top and bottom front teeth had gone, she would fit a Markie in there like a short cigar and walk round the house showing it to us all!

Oh I still love that old cavvie so much.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2