Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think you have that a bit wrong Chaz!!
Thats why I said after or reserve whatever its called, to me I'm not really intrested in all of the higher shows, so don't really know what the correct terms always are, but I was told by the owner of the rescue, and heard from the previous owner of this dogs breeding, and the breeder of this dog knew that she was in there, but didn't want her back.

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
From what I was told by the person who ran it the dogs sister (also litter sister) was a show dog, and came in second in a best of breed class at crufts, or reserve whatever its called. I think I was meant to put the o as little lol.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Thats why I said after or reserve whatever its called, to me I'm not really intrested in all of the higher shows, so don't really know what the correct terms always are, but I was told by the owner of the rescue, and heard from the previous owner of this dogs breeding, and the breeder of this dog knew that she was in there, but didn't want her back.
Who told you she got 2nd to BOB , the breeder or the woman in rescue!!

Sorry, just saw who told you this.

How did you manage to speak to the breeder of the bitch!

P.S Chaz, you do realise there is no 2nd to BOB!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Who told you she got 2nd to BOB , the breeder or the woman in rescue!!

Sorry, just saw who told you this.

How did you manage to speak to the breeder of the bitch!

P.S Chaz, you do realise there is no 2nd to BOB!!
I never spoke to the breeder and never said I did the owner of the rescue did. The owner of the dog when she handed her in told the man who owned the rescue, but as the woman had called up before handing her in mentioning the breeder the man who owns the rescue then also got in contact with the breeder of the dog before she came in, the breeder then confirmed that she didn't want her back. I was told by the owner who handed her dog in, but was also told by the man who ran the rescue before she was handed in that we was going to get her, and of her breeding.

I've also just looked up reserve best of breed, and found results showing dogs getting this, aswell as best bitch so from that I would assume that the litter sister to this dog got both reserve best bitch and reserve best of breed or something, I'm not sure. But that is what I was told, and as I'm not really into the showing at that level I've never really looked into it. Whats the difference between reserve/second apart from the name? From what I would guess there would still be one dog first, the one who got BoB, and the reserve to me would also be second, as she came in behind the other dog, is it called reserve as she would also step in for the first dog if for some reason she couldn't go into best in show or something?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 03:59 PM
I didnt think rescues could/would give out that sort of info.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 04:02 PM
It depends on the Rescue. My last GSP came complete with registration papers in Ireland and England and full Pedigree. I should point out he was neutered first.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It depends on the Rescue. My last GSP came complete with registration papers in Ireland and England and full Pedigree. I should point out he was neutered first.
ahh I think Its bad and should not be allowed
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I didnt think rescues could/would give out that sort of info.
I was regulary volunteering there at the time, and people who were there knew a lot about the dogs but memebers of the public looking for dogs didn't know, and funny thing was because she was black and white she was over looked for ages. Her owners now don't know of her breeding either. But I do know someone who got a Irish Water Spaniel from dogs trust who because of his health problems or something got him unneutered, she then found his breeder and has got his papers, good job she was ethical and never bred him eh
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I've also just looked up reserve best of breed, and found results showing dogs getting this, aswell as best bitch so from that I would assume that the litter sister to this dog got both reserve best bitch and reserve best of breed or something, I'm not sure. But that is what I was told

The way it works Chaz, is that all unbeaten bitches and go head to head for the CC, and the same for the dogs, the winners c will get the CC)Challenge certificate) and the 2nr will get the reserve, same for the dogs, then you will get the dog who took the CC and the Bitch that got her CC, go head to head for BOB.. thats its.

You have BOB

Dog CC & RCC

Bitch CC & RCC.

I was regulary volunteering there at the time, and people who were there knew a lot about the dogs but memebers of the public looking for dogs didn't know, and funny thing was because she was black and white she was over looked for ages. Her owners now don't know of her breeding either. But I do know someone who got a Irish Water Spaniel from dogs trust who because of his health problems or something got him unneutered, she then found his breeder and has got his papers, good job she was ethical and never bred him eh
But she did not get the information froms DT , she found him, because the breed being numerically small and word of mouth , through breed club, she managed to contact Jake's breeder, hence finding out his linage..

Its unusual for a rescue to when taking in dogs, to contact the breeder of said dog, even when they know who bred it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 05:14 PM
The way it works Chaz, is that all unbeaten bitches and go head to head for the CC, and the same for the dogs, the winners c will get the CC)Challenge certificate) and the 2nr will get the reserve, same for the dogs, then you will get the dog who took the CC and the Bitch that got her CC, go head to head for BOB.. thats its.

You have BOB

Dog CC & RCC

Bitch CC & RCC.
Ok, I still don't fully understand the high level shows, maybe if I was more into it I would

But she did not get the information froms DT , she found him, because the breed being numerically small and word of mouth , through breed club, she managed to contact Jake's breeder, hence finding out his linage..
No I know that they didn't get the information from him, but with a breed like that its more easy to get the information about breeders if you know their approx DoB etc, but she still got him unneutered. Its also why I said 'she then found his breeder and has got his papers', meaning that after she found his breeder she got his papers.

Its unusual for a rescue to when taking in dogs, to contact the breeder of said dog, even when they know who bred it.
Which I believe truthfully is wrong, and I believe that if breeders are known they should be contacted to be told that their dogs are in rescue, and so does the man who was in charge at that time. He had the information, so he used it, unfornatly the breeder didn't want her back, but I bet a lot of people on here if their pups ended up in rescue through some reason or other then they would want to know and act on it, instead of having their pups put through the rescue system.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I find GSD Rescues will often have GSD crosses - probably because GSDs often pass on their particular traits and may need an owner used to them.
We often take in GSD crosses, and will also try to help other breeds and crossbreeds if they are in desperate need.

I have found on a number of occasions when I have been doing our initial screening calls that people are quite happy to consider a GSD cross.
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >