Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sounds like a nice vet this one (in terms of handling Tilly)- can you try and make your appointments for him in future (rather than pot luck)?

Bit strange though that he told you about the paw but didn't suggest what to do? Generally best to restrict excericse for awhile with something like that (but I know how much you and Tilly would love that - NOT!)
Yes he was nice & I will try to avoid the other guy in future!
He was also very patient while I explained all her "odd" behaviour such as the feet fixation & being anxious. When I described what she does he said this is nipping not biting, when she went for him he asked me would I describe this as being aggresive (as I said I was concerned) and I said yes & he said she is not agressive, she's being collie! Then gave me a big explanation on collies & their behaviour if not stimulated enough & asked why it said on her notes that she was a lab/retreiver!! I said no I told them she was collie x ? possibly lab.. anyway we clarified that & am going to try some more stimulating mind stuff with her & well as excercise. More training too me thinks!! I could tell he was a collie fan
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Yes he was nice & I will try to avoid the other guy in future!
He was also very patient while I explained all her "odd" behaviour such as the feet fixation & being anxious. When I described what she does he said this is nipping not biting, when she went for him he asked me would I describe this as being aggresive (as I said I was concerned) and I said yes & he said she is not agressive, she's being collie! Then gave me a big explanation on collies & their behaviour if not stimulated enough & asked why it said on her notes that she was a lab/retreiver!! I said no I told them she was collie x ? possibly lab.. anyway we clarified that & am going to try some more stimulating mind stuff with her & well as excercise. More training too me thinks!! I could tell he was a collie fan
That sounds like good advice
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Is there any after effects of boosters? I'm wondering if I'm in for a grumpy evening tonight.
Some feel sorry for themselves some go "off" for a couple of days.

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
No idea! I don't do boosters for my dogs. Waste of time and money.
Not always a waste of time, i get mine do to use kennels.

ATD x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3