Female 

02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Well done, to you all and Tango xxxxxxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Well Done to you and Tango I am so pleased for you both....

She is such a beautiful girl x
thanks so much xxx
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well done!!!

althoug i now forbid you to post pictures, because you are not helping i think im slowly falling in love with yet another breed
You see I take that as a challenge...you may well see more pic threads in the coming weeks now!!! MInd you i think your weekend work will swing it anyway!!
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
well done Ailsa and Tango, oh and the offer still stands
Thanks I haven't forgotten. In fact I was thinking about it the other day as she has a bit of a 'thing' about springers..not fussed at all and is particularly upset by them running for some reason. She gets totally fixated on them. Mind you even that has improved and she did manage to say hello to one on the beach the other day, very nicely! They became friends...first time with a springer so small steps again!
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well done, to you all and Tango xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks YS it is Tango desrves the praise, we just hold the lead and feed her cheese!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Well done Tango
Had every confidence you would make a difference, Ailsa
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Well done Tango
Had every confidence you would make a difference, Ailsa
Thanks. She has been a learning curve!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:48 AM
She is one lucky girl, ending up with you You have done so well with her.
She has always got such a happy grin on her face
Well done Tango
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Thanks I haven't forgotten. In fact I was thinking about it the other day as she has a bit of a 'thing' about springers..not fussed at all and is particularly upset by them running for some reason. She gets totally fixated on them. Mind you even that has improved and she did manage to say hello to one on the beach the other day, very nicely! They became friends...first time with a springer so small steps again!

Thanks YS it is Tango desrves the praise, we just hold the lead and feed her cheese!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if her previous owner had springers as well and perhaps they got out much more than she did. I'm wondering whether they have triggered sheer frustration in her I'm wondering whether she just used to get really frustrated/wound up if she was stuck in a kennel the whole time and that when she sees a springer now, particularly if it is running, it triggers that frustration?

I know you will never know and I guess to some extent, the reasons don't really matter, particularly when you are making good progress with her.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
She is one lucky girl, ending up with you You have done so well with her.
She has always got such a happy grin on her face
Well done Tango
Aww thanks. We feel very lucky to have her, she's a special girly
She does always have a happy grin on her face these days.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if her previous owner had springers as well and perhaps they got out much more than she did. I'm wondering whether they have triggered sheer frustration in her I'm wondering whether she just used to get really frustrated/wound up if she was stuck in a kennel the whole time and that when she sees a springer now, particularly if it is running, it triggers that frustration?

I know you will never know and I guess to some extent, the reasons don't really matter, particularly when you are making good progress with her.
I wondered too...but didn't want to say because I didn't want to set off another discussion about making assumptions about the past of a rescue dog!
Thing is...she does have more of a thing about spaniels and sheep dogs. I did wonder (as I have yet to abandon my shock collar theory) if she has been punished for chasing, or even for moving towards a running dog...my theory is if she was in a sit by her handlers side and had chased dogs in the field in the past...and he popped a shock collar on and shocked her whenever she looked at or moved towards a running dog, then she would associate them with pain and so want them to stop running. Remove the pain/collar and she is free to stop the dog running because the pain doesn't happen.

No we will never know...but I do think her reactions accompanied with the hair and skin on her neck point to a shock collar having been used...and yes probably more around springers than other dogs. Bless her.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Of course it is all made worse by the fact that actually she is really sociable and loves most other dogs...she is just a bit too bouncy for them sometimes and can't be trusted not to stop them running.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >