View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 01:43 PM

Another step in the right direction for Tango.

To cut a long story short, Tango loves other dogs, as long as they are not small and grumpy or any size and running. As a result we have to walk her on longline, until such time as I know I can stop her trying to stop dogs running.

She has been with us now for 9 months and we have worked REALLY hard with her...all positive methods, lots of different methods used at different points, I've spoken to lots of people and taken ideas from all over the place. We have also been working with her in a large indoor horse arena, to stop her from chasing and flooring Cosmo as she will do it to him as well given half a chance and I reckon if we can stop her doing it to him we stand more chance of stopping her doing it to other doglets.

Anyhooooo....we are now able to have her loose (with the longline on the floor) if there are no other dogs in the areas we free run her, (or off the longline in the arena) when Cosmo is running and chasing a ball. That is such a HUGE difference and we couldn't do it 2 months ago as she would hurt him to try to get him to stay still...she now runs, gets ready to leap and will either recall at that point, or come back to us herself! She also managed to walk around our local park/field with another dog with no problem at all last week

It is still early days,but I have been so pleased with her lately, she has come on in leaps and bounds. I still don't know if we will ever be able to free run her around other dogs...but she is happy on her longline to be honest, the only difference it makes to her is that she can't leg it off to other dogs when I have hold of it.

I am just really pleased with the girly...she is doing good. Thanks to all on here who have helped too

Next step is other dogs being introduced in the arena....hoping to do that early next month!

Here she is the little minx

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
That is great, you are doing so well with her
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
That is great, you are doing so well with her
Thanks...there are a lot of people who have helped out so it's jot just me I have to say she is soooooooo willing to please these days and also loves her tummy which helps! I can't take much of the credit at all in fairness!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Brilliant news...just goes to show that with hard work and effort that most things can be achieved.

She is a beauty..I love looking at photos of your two xx
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Brilliant news
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Brilliant news...just goes to show that with hard work and effort that most things can be achieved.

She is a beauty..I love looking at photos of your two xx
Thanks
She has fluffed up since being with us
She goes especially fluffy in the rain!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Brilliant news
Thanks
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Well done to you and Tango - as you say, another good step forward
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well done to you and Tango - as you say, another good step forward
No doubt we will go backwards again at some point...but she is doing very well..for now!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Well done to both of you. Isn`t it great when you look back and see how far they`ve come?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >