Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
If you are interested in using a crate they can be useful when used correctly. I would not recommend following any of Labman's instructions on their use however. Young animals need some form of comfort if possible and def access to water. Never left for long periods of time.
It is a real shame so many dog owners generalize from their own experience and discourage following the advice of experience people. It would be far kinder to shoot many dogs than leave them unattended with a blanket.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I like many others found vet bed the most durable with podge, but like someone else said on here charity shops are great for cheap bedding, blankets etc, i know thats what the rescue i work with use.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

£145 for a dog bed (that will only fit 1 of my dogs in!?!?)

I know... I can't justify the expense myself as my dogs aren't too bad... and I'm a bit faddy and though it will last forever I'll get bored!

However - for people with dogs that really do have a good go it would probably work out cheaper than constantly replacing it!
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-02-2010, 05:19 PM
While blankets from the thrift shop may be cheap, surgery to remove blockages because the dog swallowed shreds from it while unattended, isn't.

If the vet bed holds up, OK. It is risky to allow dogs to shred anything.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
It is a real shame so many dog owners generalize from their own experience and discourage following the advice of experience people. It would be far kinder to shoot many dogs than leave them unattended with a blanket.
Labman I can't see where anyone has discouraged following advice from experienced people.

I have never had a dog choke on a blanket but then yours never get the chance do they Labman spending their lives shut in a dark crate on wire mesh their own filth below them without bedding or water with the minimum of meals.

Don't deny you treat puppies this way , it is all there in your previous posts.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Labman, You seem to regularly forget I also have worked with Guide Dogs for this last number of years. I have trained and learned with the experianced Guide Dog staff and trainers; difference is I don't feel the need to boast about my experiance almost every time I post.

I have recently moved on from working with Guide Dogs and into rescue work. I work alongside a canine behaviourist at least three days of the week. But again, I don't feel the need to shove this down peoples' throats and propmote my word as gospel.

There are many others on here with a whole lot more wealth of experiance than you or I have. Don't assume everyone on here as just uneducated dog owners; there is a wealth of experiance on here and you'd do well to learn from it all. I know I've picked up some great tips here along the way.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 03:55 PM

so my dog should be shot?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2