Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post

From the crippled beast that could barely drag its own weight up the garden path....

...to the magnificent athelete of today.

100 years of KC mismanagement.
How very very sad
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
It is sad to say it is only one of many breeds that, IMO Man has 'fiddled' with far too much. The original breed must have been far healthier with less problems.

Definately some breeds have been meddled with to almost comic-like proportions and they are a but a shadow of their original ancesters.

When I look back on lots of these old pics, I often prefer the breeds as they originally were!
Me too
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I n
have enjoyed reading this interesting thread, although it makes me sad.
All i have to add is a question...would mother nature have done this to our dogs?

Oh and a statement....Heinz 57 all the way
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by kinzy123 View Post
what a kop out my breed doesnt require testing just because the KC does not implement doesnt mean it doesnt require it....All breeds have problems.Oh you must have one of these breeds whom are 100% genetically healthy,get your heads out of the clouds

think what you like he may have been called a VB but he is NOT one FACT,he is NOT registered thats like me saying i have an english bulldog oh wait i cant HES NOT REGISTERED cant have it both ways, now please explain why i should be ashamed? because i find great homes for my pups?i give a health guarantee ir maybe its my support to new owners? now i am lost...If you dont like them just leave the thread nobodies forcing you to post.If you want to say anything about say it to my face or shut up. Stick to your own choice in breed cause you know **** all on the VB
More abuse, oh dear what a pleasant chap, its a shame you see yourself as a representative of the "breed" isnt it, still, its to be expected.

Of course if you READ the post there is NO "cop out" I said a dog of mine that was here would be tested for what I considered a possible problem according to the dogs size more than anything, do you have a problem with testing regardless of recommendations? You see my dear thats what I would do, ignore the fact that there are no specific problems to test for and DO test for problems there could be in accordance with the breed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by MIKEY B View Post
Thats a bit harsh innit Believe the Vb has 2 regerstries Vbs and vbf if its not on either of them could be anything ? but i see your mind is made up on this ! As for cross breeding surely every breed starts out this way ? to get to a type yer want with enough bloodline in it , i`m not trying to be objectionable here i would just like your opinion
This is the problem Mikey with "types" they break up and move away and before long there is any number of "types" thats when it falls apart. I have absolutely no problem with new breeds (although I cannot see the point) if its done correctly, from what Ive seen, in this case it isnt. Nothing personal against the dogs at all.
kinzy123
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
More abuse, oh dear what a pleasant chap, its a shame you see yourself as a representative of the "breed" isnt it, still, its to be expected.

Of course if you READ the post there is NO "cop out" I said a dog of mine that was here would be tested for what I considered a possible problem according to the dogs size more than anything, do you have a problem with testing regardless of recommendations? You see my dear thats what I would do, ignore the fact that there are no specific problems to test for and DO test for problems there could be in accordance with the breed.
Ok i apologise for some of my comments i have made,let myself down really.I just like pointing out there is ignorance in some posters here, how they can debate with someone who knows the breed. I have a lot of support in the direction i am going with my program from the people whom matter.I,ve had no negativity from new owners so must be doing something right i would imagine dont you think??? Your opinion counts to me seeing as you have learned so much about the breed today and any advice you have is most welcome for me to play with.
thanks john
kinzy123
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
This is the problem Mikey with "types" they break up and move away and before long there is any number of "types" thats when it falls apart. I have absolutely no problem with new breeds (although I cannot see the point) if its done correctly, from what Ive seen, in this case it isnt. Nothing personal against the dogs at all.
Never ceases to amaze me how much one can learn in a day and can make judgement on a breed who has been here for 25 years, then realise they are falling apart where in contrary they are becoming more popular. Did you know 90% of new VB owners actually say.I have always wanted a bulldog but concerned on the health issues then i found the VB.Puts a smile on my face watching a new family having the one type of dog they have longed for knowing they have made a great choice on breed.
hemu
New Member!
Male 

15-11-2009, 03:53 AM
there is not much difference
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Cotons used to have longer legs but everything else is pretty much the same.
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16