Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 06:36 AM

ink help needed

need to buy some black ink for lexmark x1180 and wondered if anyone has got a reliable and cheap recommendation for me.

thanks

sue
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
need to buy some black ink for lexmark x1180 and wondered if anyone has got a reliable and cheap recommendation for me.

thanks

sue
Choice Stationery are brilliant-all prices include P&P & they always have loads of offers on & they guarantee their replacement cartridges
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I agree as I use those and they are very good value.

I would also say when you next need a printer don't buy a Lexmark, I had one and found the ink so expensive, if I wanted the proper brand name cartridges they were more than the printer itself!

I now stick with Canon.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
have you tried refill kits...i did last time for the first time and its REALLY easy...

i got a kit for a fiver of ebay and it will last months and months!

search for Ink girl on ebay

alex
xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
have you tried refill kits...i did last time for the first time and its REALLY easy...

i got a kit for a fiver of ebay and it will last months and months!

search for Ink girl on ebay

alex
xx
I tried that before, but tbh you can only do it a couple of times to each cartridge and it's very messy, and believe it or not my ink cartridges still worked out cheaper buying them from that company than refilling!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 03:29 PM
really?

ive only done it the once so far and have loads left but the one i have the inks are in prefilled little squeezy bottles so there was very little mess....but i have HP cartridges so it may be simpler on mine...

i dont know, i shall see in time!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe yours are different. Ours had a syringe and you filled it up and injected the cartridge, problem being you couldn't use the same hole more than once and then three holes and the cartridge dried up too quick and ran out.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 03:44 PM
ah on mine i peel the label back and directly under the hole is the sponge that holds the ink...squeeze in and the sponge fills up...put label back and ta da....filled cartridge!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I agree as I use those and they are very good value.

I would also say when you next need a printer don't buy a Lexmark, I had one and found the ink so expensive, if I wanted the proper brand name cartridges they were more than the printer itself!

I now stick with Canon.
I've got a Brother Printer & IMHO any printer that has separate coloured Ink cartridges is better than Lexmark, quite agree that the Lexmark inks cost more than the actual printers do !
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 05:52 AM
thanks for the help - the reason we got a lexmark cos it is a scanner and copier all in one. i wont be trying to refill the cartridges though as i have tried this in the past and then spent ages cleaning the mess.

sue