View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 04:18 PM

Brownie, gotten by two pit bulls (kinda long) Update @ post 33)

This is what two pit bulls did to my Brownie... It's unfortunate that people have these fighting dogs and let them run loose. Thankfully, Brownie is okay. Both attackers had to be euthanized by animal control unfortunately. It's sad. I hate dog fighters. It if was a weak/small dog or like a cat... they would have been able to kill the dog. Dogs were identified as Colby bloodline APBT. Scarred up and emaciated from a fighting ring. Brother and sister, breeding pair also for inbreeding. About 3-4 years old. The dogs just ran around the corner of the house all of a sudden and they attacked. Brownie fought back, grabbing the male dog by the ear.. the female dog latched onto his neck. My brother was able to beat her off with a crowbar and I was able to get Brownie to release. It was horrifying, he's so old. He'll be 15 this September. I LOVE pit bulls, I hate that people turn them this way by fighting them. I know most people here probably hate me or at least don't like me/have a problem with me. I thought I'd post this anyway though. Once again, he is completely fine now and is on his way back to 100%. The photos are in order from beginning to later.

Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Poor Brownie I hope he makes a swift recovery & is back to normal in no time!

And RIP to the poor dogs who did this to him. They may have attacked Brownie but it is through no fault of their own that they ended up with shameful excuses for owners
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Poor Brownie I hope he makes a swift recovery & is back to normal in no time!

And RIP to the poor dogs who did this to him. They may have attacked Brownie but it is through no fault of their own that they ended up with shameful excuses for owners
I agree 100% It's not the dogs fault, it's their caretaker and trainer that did this to all three dogs. The dogs were released from their pain, torment and lives of suffering. So sad. This didn't have to happen.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Hope Brownie recovers quickly.

I like you love Pitt Bulls, but hate when they have bad owners!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:05 PM
very frightening and a lucky escape for your old fella

its any dog not pits tho,i live in fear of a guy i meet at my mums, 2 dogs severely d.a never on leads(he breeds and i do believe beats them too) one is a mastiff type the other a staffie x bitch.... only two weeks ago i witnessed them attack the local onlead muzzled and extremely sweet pitbull ...a few weeks before the mastiff tried to come into my mums after Tupac and i had another close shave on sunday ...one thing would solve all this worry... a flippin goddamit lead!!!!!!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
very frightening and a lucky escape for your old fella

its any dog not pits tho,i live in fear of a guy i meet at my mums, 2 dogs severely d.a never on leads(he breeds and i do believe beats them too) one is a mastiff type the other a staffie x bitch.... only two weeks ago i witnessed them attack the local onlead muzzled and extremely sweet pitbull ...a few weeks before the mastiff tried to come into my mums after Tupac and i had another close shave on sunday ...one thing would solve all this worry... a flippin goddamit lead!!!!!!!
Yes it is not only pit bulls that are victims of abuse and poor training. It's truly sad. My Brownie is not mean and he's very old and he had to fight for his life that day. Aggressive dogs need to be leashed and fighting dogs should NOT exist. Sometimes people are horrible...
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
Hope Brownie recovers quickly.

I like you love Pitt Bulls, but hate when they have bad owners!
Thank you, I hope he recovers quickly as well. He's doing beautifully so far.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I know most people here probably hate me or at least don't like me/have a problem with me. I thought I'd post this anyway though.
I am TOTALLY BAFFLED by this comment? Could you explain further?

Your poor dog and poor you having to go through this with them.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Brownie looks like such a sweet thing. So sad for all involved *hugs*
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I am TOTALLY BAFFLED by this comment? Could you explain further?

Your poor dog and poor you having to go through this with them.
I just find that I end up in a lot of arguments on here and I know some people think I'm a bad dog caretaker because of some of the things I do. Me being one of the only Americans here, my lifestyle, attitude and the way I handle my dog is very different from most people here. It has caused some pretty heated and ugly disagreements. If you see some of my older threads, you may understand what I mean.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »