View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi jo sorry to hear about Otis, you are having a bad time poor little mite, if he is feeling poorly a hot water bottle (not too hot) wrapped in a towel may help, but watch he does not bite it . Also if it were me and I had some honey I would try a little, Otis may lick it off your finger, or you could try putting a tiny bit in his mouth to melt or mixing it with warm water, it will give energy and it is similar to sugar water but dogs seem to prefer it. I hope he is better soon, the biggest problem with diahorrea is dehydration but don't worry if he is no better son the vets will get fluids in him with a drip .
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi mini

Thanks for the advice. Will try the honey thing when he wakes up and will give him a hot water bottle in a moment. Are puppy viruses quite common then? I dont know where he could have got it from because i have been extra careful not to go anywhere where other animals have been because he has only had one injection. Maybe he got it yesterday from the vets the first time we went about his foot.

I really feel we are all going through the mill a bit at the moment. But i love him so much i would do anything for him. Its just worrying because he is only 10 weeks tomorrow.

The vets also gave us some rehydration powder so i will alsoo try that a bit later. Also going to my own vet tomorrow so im sure they will be able to help more. The vet said not to worry too much if he doesnt drink a lot tonight because of the fluid jab he gave him. But i am really concious to get fluid in him. now i wonder if we should have left him in the vets over night. I thought he might be more comfortable at home though. Do u think i done the right thing or not?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Relax Jo
I'd prefer mine to be at home too
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 06:24 PM
ha ha ha - told you all before... i am a born worrier. Only 26 but i reckon i'm going to go grey soon!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi Jo yes virus are very common in puppies particularly when they first leave their mother and the passive immunity from her milk wears off. Yes (hug) you went to the vet and did the best you could, and I agree with Lel about being better and less stressed at home, though if a drip is needed Otis will have to stay at the vets, but don't worry for now,try to get little tiny amounts of fluid in him if you can and keep him quiet and warm
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 08:04 PM
It might be an idea to sign up to extend your KC puppy insurance before you make a claim on it .........................
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3