View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Mine would have to be Bonnie our black and white English Springer. Bought her for my 5th birthday and was pts April the 8th 1999, 3 weeks before my 20th birthday. I had a very rough childhood but she was always there wanting a cuddle and a walk! She was the best friend a girl could have, every where I went she went. When she was young I used to tire her out running round the garden then as I got older and more unfit she would out run me!! She was far from the most obedient dog and I spent many a summers day sitting on the river bank waiting for that familiar sploshing noise as she returned from trying to retrieve a very live duck!! Another weird trait, although she liked to swim she'd insist on diving under and retrieving stones instead of sticks!! The pile of stones remained on the other side of the river for nearly 6 months after she died. It took me a year to get over her death, every memory I had had her in it and the only thing that got me through was having Pic to look after, then Woody came a long and the rest is history as they say.
craig
Dogsey Junior

11-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Appolo my APBT HE WAS JUST ONE IN A MILLION
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2005, 11:11 AM
ROCKY, my first Stafford, he was all and more you wanted in a dog, during his lifetime we both encountered many sad days, as well as more great days, when I lost my wife in 1990, he kept my heart beating, I am generally not an emotional person but he was by my side when people were not, I owe him a debt that I can never repay, he is a big reason why his breed means so much to me, and I am greatfull for every second that we spent together. I have his Great Grandson at the moment Glory who is three, in his body runs Rockys blood he to is a great dog. I have never stood on the top of Everest, but I had that dog.
Kendo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Laura nice topic,
My best dog I have ever owned has got to be Cloud (isbt)
but the daftest dog was when I was growing up we had a Standard Poodle who had a micrafone on its tail ok it was clipped (but to a small child like me it was a mic) that dog would let me sing into its tail but I now know it had the last laugh as its smelt funny as a sang
p.s her name was tramp & as a teenager I had to take her out not a macho thing round my area ops: lol
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Just having visions of singing into the poodles tail - bless
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2005, 11:39 PM
My 3rd dog Sam who is my G.Retriever x Irish/Red Setter will always stay in my heart for being my best dog. We got him when I was 5 I'm now 21 and we still have him! We used to play for hours when I was younger and we will still play now sometimes even tho he's well old. He has always comforted me when I've had a bad day and when I was younger and cried he would sit with me and lick the tears. Dunno wht I will do when he goes and I know he will soon :smt022 I :smt049 u Sam
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4