Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hebie55
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2013, 03:42 PM

Season

HI, New here have wire haired for terrier (tilly) who has just started her first season and is perhaps a little confused as to why she cannot get off her lead. How long after blood ceases can she safely be off her lead?
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 03:53 PM
A Mod might move this to health.
Usually they bleed, stop, then start bleeding again and then finally stop, so don't get caught out! Nala just finished her season and it lasted 3.5 weeks. Google was surprisingly helpful with details about what to expect in the different stages.
I recommend using an old white towel in her bed so you can monitor her bleed. We were also able to easily see how swollen Nala was. I was walking her first thing in the morning, and just before sunset when not many people were around and was able to let Nala off lead for walks. Her recall is 100% though and she showed no signs of wanting to seek out a mate so I felt confident enough to do that.
We also had lots of play in the garden and house, and made full use of all the brain games we have to keep her occupied.
Hope it all goes well and welcome to the forum. You should write a proper introduction in a new thread