Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PrinessBessy
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2009, 06:48 PM

Bessy being bullied*rant*

Hi
Bessy always comes up to the stables with me to do the horses in the evening, there is this man who doesnt seem to like her though.

It all started back at the end of the summer she was only about fourteen weeks old and she was playing with his two dogs and got all excited and went running into his stable and I heard her yelp so ran out my stable to see what happened and this man had kicked her for going into his stable

A couple of days later his dogs were ripping up bessys new toy so I went to take it off them as I didnt want them to ruin it and he went absolutely mad at me

Other little thing have happened between now and then but tonight I got really mad. Bessy was playing with the new puppy on the yard but as she is going through adolecense she is not aloud off her lead but this puppy got his leg tangled in her lead, so I was untangling it when the puppys (who is a lab so miles bigger than bess already) owner came over and was having a go at me saying he is going to be scared off dogs for life, he didnt really look destressed if you ask my opion, but this man again came over and kicked bessy out the way

I AM NOT VERY HAPPY!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 07:02 PM
That's horrible... I know I have met people on walks that have shouted at or kicked Selkie or Kismet, but I at least then could yell at them and avoid them since. But at your stables must be really frustrating...

Is there another stable option you could pursue? Or.. and I don't think you should have to, but you may have to keep her in your stable or the car and just stay out of their way..

You have my sympathy anyway. Simply awful!
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2009, 07:05 PM
that is animal abuse ...call the authorities and see what hes got to say then...its your right and responcibility, kick my dog and you might not have a leg to stand on,no pun intended
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Good grief...... I do believe I may have lost control totally and beaten the living cr*p out of him if he had kicked my dog - particularly as it's a pup.

Report him now.

Do you have to go anywhere near him in the future? I would avoid him at all costs, or carry a baseball bat.....

What a complete thug
PrinessBessy
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2009, 07:48 PM
unnfortunately I have to see him every nigh, I wont be taking bessy anymore though, which is a real shame as she loves it
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:03 PM
What a bully If your dog was on a lead and his wasn't then...HE'S.......at fault not you. there's no way i would let it just go if he kicked my dog. can't you complain to the stable owner?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Pleas report him now. He shouldn't be aruond animals of any sort, particularly dogs and horses if this is how he treats them. If he's prepared to kick Bessy ni front of you, then what is he doing to his own animals when out of sight? It's disgusting.

I ahve a baseball bat if you want to use it? If not, I'd be happy to use it for you!! I hate people who hurt animals in any way, shape or form and would be qwuite happy to give them a dose of their own medicine, no matter who or where they are!

Is Bessy injured? Sprain? Strain? Bruise? etc. Report it to the police as criminal damage (as animals are seens as personal property in law). Also report it to the RSPCA and keep on at them until they send someone out to you. Don't let them fob you off on the phone.

Finally, although you shouldn't have to - can you go to the stables at a different time? At least then yo can take Bessy with you in the knowledge that she won't get hurt by this animal abusing freak or his delinquent dogs chewing up her toys.

And next tiem you see him tell him he's done some damage to Bessy that you'll be passing on the vets fees for. See how he likes that.

If you want to borrow Zane just let me know. He wouldn't bite back but people see his size and strengtha nd back off naturally. They don't know he's a big wimp.

Laura xx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:20 PM
What a bully, does this man own the stable? or does he work there. if so report him tho the owners..it is not right what he has done.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:26 PM
This is dreadful.

It is not Bessie being bullied - it is you. You are indirectly being threatened and intimidated.

The man needs dealing with. Report his behaviour to the owner of the yard and if he is not dealt with, keep a diary of his behaviour and any witnesses and report him to the police.

Thalice's Mum
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Can't you just tie Bess up outside your own stable until you go to the muckheap or have finished and are going up the field to get the horse in or something?? From what I'm reading here, it seems like your dog is left to run around ad lib, and then she gets you into trouble for playing with other dogs when maybe they don't want their dogs playing with Bess?

I used to take my puppies up to the yard, but they were always tied up outside my OWN stable, not interferring with anyone else or their dogs, until I was off somewhere I could then unleash her and she could follow me? Can't you try that then and maybe the others won't have any reason to have a go at you? When you say the new puppy is not allowed of it's lead, then obviously the owner had that tied up outside her stable when your Bessy must have gone over to it and it got all tangled up?

I know what it's like at stableyards, had many years of it, dogs running all over the place sometimes, and it used to get up my nose too! I can see it from their point of view, sorry! No excuse for him to have kicked your dog though, I would have gone ape at him if he'd done that to mine, and I'm surprised he didn't actually say to you "well keep your dog out of MY stable and away from my dogs then" coz that's probably what I would have said, but there was no need for him to have used physical abuse on the poor dog!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >