Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:02 PM

Robbie - Border Collie -WARNING -DISTURBING PICTURES

Look at this boy. He's just arrived today (in the last hour) from a Welsh Pound.

He's happy and friendly and such a wonderful dog with a lovely nature and temperament. He's only around 4-5 months old. If you are sensitive, don't read on.

His wonderful temperament and nature is amazing when you see that he has THREE tears in his neck where you can see his muscles and inner workings. Some of these tears are more than 3 inches in length. They are infected and very dangerous for him. There are links to these pictures below. Only click on them if you think you can handle it. The poor boy must be in agony.

Because of where the injuries are, he cannot wear a buster collar, which means he can scratch it - which means it will be very difficult to heal. The danger lies with the infection he has in the wound, if we can't get this under control it may not be a happy ending for this boy.

Believe it or not, we were told that he had a small 'cyst' on his neck.

Sarah is on her way to our vets right now with him, and this is going to be a serious one. Please keep your thoughts with Robbie, and hope we can get him better so that he can find a new home. Although this will obviously be quite some time in the future

If you can help, either by moral support, or good wishes, please respond in this thread. If you'd like to help by making a donation toward his veterinary bills, you can do so by going to the Wiccaweys website (address is in my profile) and clicking on 'Make an online Donation' which can be found in the menu down the left hand side

**DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURES BELOW IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE**

Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Poor lad, how on earth did that happen?
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Poor lad, how on earth did that happen?
Ditto to that
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:11 PM
I am so so sorry to see those pictures and cant imagine what pain he is in.

I wish him all the best and my thoughts are with him. Lets hope he makes a full recovery and finds a new loving home :smt049
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:18 PM
OMG the poor pup,
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Poor little baby you have all are good wishes + love at getting better + finding a wonderful new home. could you maybe make a big cone collar thing that does up behind the front legs but has space for legs or even a half one sorry just an idea
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Robbie is still at our vets at the moment and we have no further information. We were told that it was a cyst on his neck that had developed after a routice vaccination. However it doesn't look very much like that to me

Will keep you all updated on his progress.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Sending good thoughts his way. I hope he recovers soon and then finds a wonderful home.
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Aw bless him....I am really sad to see those photos!

I hope he gets better soon and will be settled in a loving home soon, he deserves it.
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Poor Lad
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »