Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 09:37 AM

Re-opened wound, advice appreciated.

Dita had to go for emergency surgery a couple of weeks ago as she had an obstruction. She had her stitches out just under a week ago.

This morning I noticed she was covered in blood down her legs, my first thought was she'd come in season early however upon looking her over I noticed a small part of her scar was inflamed and with what appeared to be a small hole leaking blood.

I rushed Dita straight to the vet at 8.30 as an emergency. They have given her antibiotics, anti-inflamatories and some hibiscrub and said that for the moment to just keep the wound clean.

She is back in on Sunday for it to be checked on and they have said if it hasn't started to close up its-self then they may staple it, however they also said that the edges of the opened up bit appear to curling out and healing so they have said she may even need to go back under anaesthetic to have the edges removed to create a new wound to stitch in order to get it to bond together properly.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has been in a similar position and what the likelihood is that she will need to go back under an anaesthetic?

I'm so worried about my girly, she has been so poorly and has lost so much weight I really can't bare the idea of her having to go through it all over again.