Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Collars

There are so many different styles of collar out there (chain, webbing, leather, rolled leather...), that I hoped you could all help me by posting pictures of your favourites -either ones you own, or ones you intend to buy. Amberella is now on the very last hole of her puppy collar and in the next couple of weeks will need to move up to a "big girl collar" and I just don't know what I would like! Ella is very into pink (her favourite toys are a floppy pink bunny teddy and a pink rubber bone) but OH and I are definately not! She is a brindled GSD cross.

Can you also tell me what it is that you like about it and why you prefer a particular collar over something else?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-02-2008, 12:49 PM
My favourite is the lupine combo collar which is adjustable and slips over the head and is basically a martingale collar. They come in alll different patterns and colours and if they break or get chewed they are replaced as you get a lifetime guarantee with them.

Also they are machine washable.

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I've just bought my two new collars (Stumpy was wearing Kip's old one at first but this just felt too weird).

Last time they had buckle-up soft padded material ones, but the buckles are a faff.

I chose the softest ones I could find with the click-in clasp rather than buckle. I hope that these would also be the most comfortable since they do wear them nearly all the time.

Ironically I choose pink this time (so that everyone knows they are girls not boys ), but there is an amazing range of colours and patterns now.

I was so tempted with the lead to go with the collars -written down the length of this lead was "one of us is a bitch"
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks
Great picture, Carole! Keep the collar ideas coming!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
All my dobes where black 25mm leather and chain half choke collars.

Not only do these collars enable me to have total control of them, but are strong enough that they won't break when the dogs are playing together.

IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Mine wear matching Rogz for Dogz collars with matching tags and leads

They're adjustable, washable, click-to-fasten, fabric collars. We got them from P@H.

I really like them, as they're adjustable, so as my boys grow, I don't have to buy a million collars for them. When they get dirty, I remove the tags and bung them in the washing machine.

They do all sorts of colours/patterns. OH picked ours, they're black and grey with a barbed wire design
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Leather collar with a buckle.

We used to have one with the click in clasp, but will never have one again. The plastic clip sheared in two, and I was left holding a lead and collar and Missy was loose just feet from a main road. Thank God she was well trained enough by then to obey commands without a restraint on her - else I dread to think.

here's the photos - just ten months old this collar.

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Teagan wears a hand made, meade to measure 'Strong Stuff' collar.
It's nice and wide, which I think it important when theres a big dog inside it!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
We have a fabric blue collar for Dougal but considering changing it for a leather one cause it's harder wearing.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 08:11 PM
just bought ben a new blue one. nylon webbing with a click fastner. got it from lidles for 1-99 last of their sale ones
ben looks very smart in his new collar. sorry no pics.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >