Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Walked out of work today!

At 1:30pm I had just come back from my lunch break, and the weather seemed to be getting nastier and nastier...

So at 2pm with snow swirling around my building, I announced that I was off to check on my horse, since by the time I finish work at 4:30, go home and change and get to his field, it will probably be pitch black, blowing a gale and possibly even thicker with snow.
No one from my section was actually in at that point (two members of staff had gone home already because the weather was so horrible and they live quite a distance away), so I put my phone on voicemail, told someone from the next section over that I was off to see my horse and went!
Salsa was not impressed (he's become very "people-independent since he was turned away) and my OH and I had to cross the field to find him. He was soaking wet and cold but DID NOT want to come in. Even once he was caught and I put him in a warm, dry rug, he was calling to the other horses and dancing around me like a loon. When I let him go in the field, he went charging off through the snow, bellowing. No "bye, Mum, see you tomorrow"

I arrived back in the office an hour later, drenched, covered in snow and in a right state! Fortunately, I had the foresight to put an old pair of tracksuit bottoms and a few layers of jackets and jumpers on to protect my work clothes!

So I'm at a bit of a loss now... I leave work in ten minutes, but I have nothing to do this evening . I will just have to relax with a glass of wine, my OH and the dogs and watch a movie, rather than trudging through muddy snow in the dark, looking for a horse who will probably be ungrateful when I find him anyway
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
chill out hun you deserve it!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 04:51 PM
big (((hugs)))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Been there...... aren't they ungrateful sometimes!!!!! WE always think they'd much prefer to be snug as a bug in 3 rugs in a nice warm stable, but they'd much rather be out playing in the snow with their mates! I always used to leave it up to him whether he came in or not some nights, coz I used to get sooooo fed up trudging around in 2ft. of mud in all weathers trying to catch him if I didn't, so he always had 2 chances with me, I'd call, if he came, fair enough, if not, I used to say "well, you can stay out all night then Murph, see if I care"!! Nine times out of ten as soon as he saw me walk back out of the gate he'd come charging over for a nice big feed, a warm stable and a full haynet, which used to please ME, but half the time I really did wonder?! AT my last yard, I was lucky enough to have 7 acres just the two of us with one horse each, we had our own stables with concrete in front, and we used to just leave their doors open, so they could please themselves!! Perfect! With the new Rambo type rugs they could live in or out with those on. Funny enough in those days, he spent more time in his stable in the SUMMER than he ever did in the winter!!!

Enjoy your nice relaxing evening, you really deserve it, I really know what you had to go through there!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Big hugs hun, Chill out with a glass or two of wine ,and surf dogsey for a few hours and all yourt troubles wuill just melt away xx dk