Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Wanted : Mobile Phone

Hi There,

Well, my contract was due for an upgrade this weekend, phoned up to do it, and i was told that i wasn't able to get one without taking out a new 18month contract they are trying to get rid of all the old contracts (mines about 7 years old ) and they're being cheeky by just refusing upgrades!

Problem is, i dont want an expensive contract just to get a new phone, but mine is nearly dead. I will probably get one off ebay but thought i'd post incase anyone has one they want to part with. Doesnt matter if its used as long as its in good condition (preferably boxed with instructions and all!!) and the newer the better. Unwanted xmas present would be ideal

Having looked around a bit, i can get a pretty smart new one for about £30-40 on ebay and from my network people, so the maximum i'd want to spend for one is £50. If anyone has a spare lying around please PM me

Jess
Foo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Which company are you with thats refusing upgrades?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
The contract is with O2.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Then phone, say you are going to leave and wait.
Soon enough customer retentions will ring to try to keep you.... and so they blooming well should if you've been with them 7 years!

I changed my contract a while back and am on a monthly sim only one for £15 a month whilst I rethink as I didn't need a phone.

I know of people who got a great contract plus cashback which actually means they are paying less than a fiver a month for loads with a new phone too.

There is lots of O2 retention deal advice here.....
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...719845&page=93
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I might have a Sony Ericsson K800i if you are interested. 12mths old and in perfect and mint condition, but you would need to get it unlocked as its on Orange. (Unless you went Orange PAYG) Would cost about £5-£10 to do that.

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/s...sson-k800i.htm
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
How much are you wanting for it Dawn?

Im on T-mobile PAYG as it has very cheap texts (i dont really phone people too much!) so would want to stick with that, so depends how much you're wanting for the phone
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi,

Don;t know if this helps at all:

I'm with Virgin (contract). I pay £10 per month an I get 100 free textx and 100 free minutes every month. I use my mobile all the time during the week, even at home and use my landline on weekends when those calls are free. I ahve never gone over the £10 or made any extra charge calls. My phne was free with the contract.

I have a spare phone but it si very slow and not exaclty new. it's one of those small flip up lobster phones. Great for fitting into small pockets but not much else.

Laura xx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I was using an old Panasonic which had been a contract job, but, when the contract ran out, I couldn't get the same deal (it was now 3x the price), so I changed the SIM card to PAYG. When I got ****ed-off with the phone itself, I bought a SIM-free Nokia online, for about £80, and put my old PAYG card in it. Now it does all that photo s**t and sends email, which the old one didn't. It's also smaller, and neater than the old one.

Snorri
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Oooh, sorry, should have updated this.

I bought a cheap motorola one (its pink! ) from the t mobile website, was only £30 so cant complain