Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 09:34 PM

I've taken a Ex Racehorse

That needs a home.

His name is Harald Blue Tooth and had a really good record in racing, trained by D.M Simcock and was much loved by them....a little spoilt me thinks as he begs...yes begs for treats, and as he looks so cute people have abilged He won 4 races and came 2nd and 3rd in two other out of 8 races before he took a tumble and hurt his back end. Now physically fit again (but retired) they wanted him to be pastured out with other horses and a promise of a 6 month rest before being checked again as a possible light hack. So I have had him, he will hopefully become good friends with ours and in return stay in the field with Jimmychoo2feathers whilst Odin and Maries 2 are at shows. In the event of it not working they will have him back and have signed saying so he is one of the lucky ex racehorses and has a second chance of having a happy retirement.
I have been to see him today and I am quite smitten with him, so he arrives Sunday.....fingers xxxx the others will like him
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2011, 10:04 PM
wow lucky you. photos a must !
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2011, 10:09 PM
ooh,thats exciting, love that he begs for treats I hope the others take a shine to him and all goes smoothly
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Look forward to seeing him.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...andicap/87287/
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Can't wait for pics, hope you have plenty of huge rugs!

rune
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Hope he settles in well. I lost my ex racer in Feb, she was a lovely girl, so hard to keep weight on though.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Wow, isn't he gorgeous!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2011, 07:09 AM
So handsome - fingers crossed he gets on well with the others!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Wonderful Steph. What a stunner.

My friend who has horses use to look after an ex racehorse in return for stabling and grazing for her three. They became firm friends and it broke her heart when she had to give up the stables and grazing and move on. His owner is a little nervous of him Julie never was and she use to always ride him even though he was a handful. He does get ridden but very rarely now as his owner is still wary of him and he knows it.

I am sure they will all get along fine and you will have many happy years with him.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
wow lucky you. photos a must !
photos will follow once he's here
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
ooh,thats exciting, love that he begs for treats I hope the others take a shine to him and all goes smoothly
Yes he does a lovely beg very endearing only thing is he will have to learn Im afraid that it won't be treats everytime as the others will start barging us too
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Look forward to seeing him.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...andicap/87287/
Thanks for the link Dawn, I did my homework before I went to see him too he's more handsome in the flesh and is cheeky...only 6 years old poor thing
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Can't wait for pics, hope you have plenty of huge rugs!

rune
Thankfully I do, more huge ones than smaller ones, so at least they will get the wear
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Hope he settles in well. I lost my ex racer in Feb, she was a lovely girl, so hard to keep weight on though.
I've been given the tip to boil barley and add to food, so Pats ordered me a 20kg bag from his mate, might even pop Odin on it too as he is 25yrs and I have to keep his weight up especially this time of year....sorry you lost your girl hun xx
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Wow, isn't he gorgeous!
He is stunning, lets hope that the others think the same
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
So handsome - fingers crossed he gets on well with the others!
Thanks hun, I have my fingers and toes crossed too, if not they will have to have him back from where he came, mind you its a beautiful place but he does needs some friends and peaceful rest......so hope is all I can do for now
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >