Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Insurance, Next Best Company ??

We all know Pet Plan have an excellant reputation...is there any company that is as good , or nearly as good?

Curious. Not sure who I am going with now that I have decided against Direct Line.
charmaxham
New Member!
Female 

28-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi I m with healthy pets, I not sure how they compare with Pet Plan but I can honestly say that to date I have been most impressed with the service they have provided me with. First I found them quite a bit cheaper them most of the other well known insurers. I took out their top level of cover which is £7500 per condition. Unfortunately I had recent need to make a claim (£840) because my dog has suffered from allergy type problems and my vet suggested the rather expensive testing. I rang the helpline and requested a claim form (you can also download them) I received the form the next day. My vet sent it off with receipts etc and I received a cheque within 7 days for the full amount minus my £75 excess. I was really impressed as I am normally quite cynical when it comes to insurance companies. I am happy to endorse Healthy Pets based on my experience.
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2010, 09:18 PM
This sounds rididculous but...Argos! Sam has had so many health issues in the past and they have been absolutely brilliant, even one claim i thought i would have to pay i phoned them and they agreed to pay, after two or three claims last year and extensive tests it is still under 13 a month for silver cover! xx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Thanks for your replies xx

I had Argos cover in the past for one of mine and I had no problems either.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I've heard good things about Axa. They are cheaper than Petplan.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Sainsbury's have been really good when I have had to claim for Cherry's eye problems recently.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 01:31 PM
We were with Healthy Pets, but after the first year the premiums went up quite a lot!!! I did a lot of research and now have three dogs with Protect your Bubble.com. They are underwritten by Agria who underwrite the Kennel Club. I took the Premier cover and it is £7500 per condition. This seems a good cover and when you are insuring five dogs and 2 cats believe me I did A LOT of research!!
Denva is staying with Tesco as he has problems and I would loose cover for him if I changed. I will be insuring Kacie with Protect your Bubble shortly when her free cover runs out with Petplan.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 05:28 PM
No idea. I still prefer PetPlan.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Don't go with More Than!! they tried to not pay for my collie's pancreatitis stating that she'd had it before I insured with them. All the tests for it came back negative for it but still they wouldn't pay. BUT my wonderful vet wrote to them again and in no uncertain terms told them that this was not the case. 4 months later they paid up. I would have taken them to court!
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I've just insured my GSD and pug puppy with argos. £32 pm for both fab cover too.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >