Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by SuperflyBadger View Post
I have noticed an increase in Liverpool of Presa de Canario. Beautiful dogs! So big and strong. But I have started wondering if in the wrong hands (and unfortunately the ones I have seen are!) until they are on the banned list - through no fault of their own - but because of the irresponsible owners!
Doesn't that apply to any dog - in the wrong hands they can all become horrors to some degree, whether it be a tiny yorkie or a larger rottie etc. and obviously the degree of damage is going to be worse with the larger sized dogs. As people always say, its the owners NOT the dog.
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Millysmum View Post
Doesn't that apply to any dog - in the wrong hands they can all become horrors to some degree, whether it be a tiny yorkie or a larger rottie etc. and obviously the degree of damage is going to be worse with the larger sized dogs. As people always say, its the owners NOT the dog.
Couldn't agree more - but I used this example of a Preso given the title of the thread is Public Enemy#1. Can't see that many people would think of a yorkie as such (even though yes - if owned irresponsibly could cause an injury!). The Preso is a very powerful breed - I liken them to a giant staffy - it terrifies me to think of the devastation if not trained properly that this animal could do.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
You see pippam, this is why you get yourself in hot water.

The best piece of advice one could guive you is to proof read before posting.

Aside from all the tell tale typos such as "none profit", "none government", you have just written a post whereby you made a couple of completely ill advised sweeping generalisations, but, lucky for you on this occassion, you saved yourself at the last minute by the following sentences which contradicted and therefore corrected the one just made...

...viz: Staffies are public enemy number 1 and all though they are banned / (the pit ball I mean)

People who **usually** have staffies don't realise the responsibility / Their are many more good staffie owners but right now
well it is true their are many bad staffie owners giving the breed a bad name but equally many good ones that are trying to do right.

I do proof read my posts but end up missing things sometimes and thinking did I put that? 0_0'

big posts are usually the worsed for me

Battersea are a none goverment funded organisation and none profit (not sure how else I could have worded that o.o))and the only charity I know that do a lot of good work to improve the staffies image.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
well it is true their are many bad staffie owners giving the breed a bad name but equally many good ones that are trying to do right.

I do proof read my posts but end up missing things sometimes and thinking did I put that? 0_0'

big posts are usually the worsed for me

Battersea are a none goverment funded organisation and none profit (not sure how else I could have worded that o.o))and the only charity I know that do a lot of good work to improve the staffies image.
It is non-profit not none profit, also Pit Bull not Pit Ball.

The way language is used (and that includes spelling) makes a big difference in how other people will perceive what you are trying to say. I am fine with typos, they happen, but making the same mistake over and over makes it hard for any reader to understand what you are saying, and also makes it seem as if you do not know what you are saying.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2